Sat Nav - Speed Camera Alert

ICE, Equipment, Options
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

I apologise if it's been asked before. I've searched the forums and tried out the suggested solutions but I am not getting any speed camera alerts on the sat nav.

I've gone into menu and enabled beep/notification for POI.

If any one has any helpful suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be honest its not very noticeable, neither audible or visual. The audible is a muted bleep and the visual is a pale grey camera icon in the bottom right hand corner of the Connect screen.
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Okay, I didn't notice anything, I'll look and listen harder!!

Thanks
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Leicesterman

Post by Leicesterman »

My Tom Tom satnav beeps and flashes when I exceed the speed limit, annoying but useful. It is now redundant because of the qashqai satnav. But the qashqai satnav doesn't have this feature in the UK. Or am I wrong?
1 March 2017 brand new Tekna, 1.2 xtronic, 17" rims with space saver spare wheel. To avoid the £299 protection pack offered by dealer I spent £120 on after market mats, door sills and boot protector. Autoglym high def waxed by myself.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Yes TT audible & visual warning is much more prominent, and you can of course tailor audible warnings; neither of which applies with the Connect system.
I use pocketgps warnings, updated weekly, but theirs has no sound available for the Nissan option.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RVW

Post by RVW »

Gel wrote:Yes TT audible & visual warning is much more prominent, and you can of course tailor audible warnings; neither of which applies with the Connect system.
I use pocketgps warnings, updated weekly, but theirs has no sound available for the Nissan option.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
How accurate are pocketgps? Do they include camera vans, and average speed cameras,red light etc?

I find the Nissan system VERY wanting not only on the maps but camera info.
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

from gpsworld www:

types in the database

There are currently five main categories in the PGPSW camera database; some of the main categories are also subdivided into speed related subcategories. The main categories are:
•Gatso: Fixed camera locations. i.e. Gatso, Truvelo, Monitron and HADECS speed cameras and RedSpeed (combined Redlight and Speed camera)
•Mobile: Locations where Safety Partnership camera vans and police regularly operate.
•pMobile: Locations of mobile sites (as above) that have been submitted to us but not yet verified.
•Redlight: Traffic light cameras
•SPECS: Average Speed Cameras, also called Section cameras. These uses digital cameras that photograph your vehicle and number plate as you pass each camera. The system then automatically calculates your average speed over the section (distance divided by time).
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RVW

Post by RVW »

Looks pretty comprehensive. Will have to have a look
Thanks
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Guys. You don't need speed camera alerts if you don't break the law and drive within the speed limit. I'm no saint, but we all know speed kills. As it says, it's the speed limit, not a speed you have to attain!
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Daewar wrote:Guys. You don't need speed camera alerts if you don't break the law and drive within the speed limit. I'm no saint, but we all know speed kills. As it says, it's the speed limit, not a speed you have to attain!
LOL thanks for that Daewar.....

To me it's seems that a good percentage of 'speed cameras' are sited to generate revenue, and are not about road safety. I'd prefer the ££££'s spent on installing cash machines to be spent on employing Traffic Officers, enforcing law to do with dangerous driving and cycling. Speed cameras are a very blunt instrument and don't detect drunkenness or a lack of insurance.

I've 40+ years of motoring experience and life, and know when the 'authorities' are doing for our benefit, and when they are doing it for theirs........

So as I have decided that I will not play their stupid games, I'll invest in countermeasures - that's speed camera databases, etc. etc.

Regards

Dave