Locking Behaviour

ICE, Equipment, Options
Ben6279

Post by Ben6279 »

Hi,

Can someone compare the motions my QQ goes through when locking compared to others? Came home last night & the missus was in a panic saying there was something wrong with the car. I've gone out & had a look & initially thought there was something wrong but in hind sight I've never paid attention to how the car behaves when you lock it.
What's happening is when locking the center console, lock light on center console, hand brake, dash center display lights up with a fast flashing alarm indicator. After 20 seconds I guess the alarm indicator changes to a steady flash which I expect is just the settle period where the ultrasonics are disabled. At one minute after locking the locked symbol on the center console goes out. Then it takes a further minute before the center display on the dash shuts down with animation and then a further minute before the handbrake light both on the switch & the dash go out. This whole process seemed a bit drawn out but considering these stages of shutdown coincidentally take place at minute intervals perhaps this is how it has always done this. The video is a bit lame I'll admit but illustrates what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/hrD8462CBYk
2015 (65) 1.2l Dig T Ink Blue Tekna. Extra's yet to come, give me a chance.

vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

I've noticed when I lock car that the screen stays lit but I never really paid it any attention. I'm curious now so will check it later and let you know if it is the same as in your vid.
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Ben6279 wrote:Hi,

Can someone compare the motions my QQ goes through when locking compared to others? Came home last night & the missus was in a panic saying there was something wrong with the car. I've gone out & had a look & initially thought there was something wrong but in hind sight I've never paid attention to how the car behaves when you lock it.
What's happening is when locking the center console, lock light on center console, hand brake, dash center display lights up with a fast flashing alarm indicator. After 20 seconds I guess the alarm indicator changes to a steady flash which I expect is just the settle period where the ultrasonics are disabled. At one minute after locking the locked symbol on the center console goes out. Then it takes a further minute before the center display on the dash shuts down with animation and then a further minute before the handbrake light both on the switch & the dash go out. This whole process seemed a bit drawn out but considering these stages of shutdown coincidentally take place at minute intervals perhaps this is how it has always done this. The video is a bit lame I'll admit but illustrates what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/hrD8462CBYk

Hi Ben

Mine's the same as yours! Only had the car a week, and I too was a bit confused with all the flashing lights after it's locked (you only really notice them all when it's dark outside), but as you say, that must be how Nissan in their wisdom decided to arrange it.

Nick
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T
Ben6279

Post by Ben6279 »

Well she swung by the dealers today to ask & apparently this is normal behaviour.
Can't say I've ever paid it any attention other than listening out for the mirrors closing to know it's locked.
2015 (65) 1.2l Dig T Ink Blue Tekna. Extra's yet to come, give me a chance.
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Yep same behaviour as you demonstrated but at least you got it verified by dealer :)
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

:) :) Yes mine does the same
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel