Speakers brand anyone?

ICE, Equipment, Options
shabz

Post by shabz »

Hi all, complete newbie here and this is my first post. Ordered a 1.6 tekna black in february for delivery in mid June under motability

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so I've decided to ask the experts.....the owners!

What brand are the speakers I've heard the name Bose here and there but nothing definitive. Also, how is the sound quality for an occasional music listener? I'm not crazy about listening to music at a high volume but I definitely appreciate a bit of bass.

And finally, as this is a motability vehicle, am I allowed to undertake modifications such as adding a subwoofer. I'm going to ask the dealer of course but I was just wondering if anybody here has done something similar before.

Thanks in advance guys (and gals of course)

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

According to the service menu the head unit may be a Bose but the model is listed as type unknown. If you appreciate "a bit of bass" then you may be happy with the existing speakers, as that's all they give you!. There is no real bass, think cheap midi "Hi Fi" stacking system or 70's music centre type of sound.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Yer mines same states BOSE on head but no version numberIf I was you wait until you get your car before getting speakers and then go from thereMine seem fine but im an old dodder although kids today said they were ok but then they did actualy ask for music to be turned off for some reason
Philippe64

Post by Philippe64 »

I have the car booked on Friday to fit the sub I kept from the previous car. The sound is pretty good now, plenty loud enough, clear with no distortion. So in my view, no need to replace speakers but the sub should give the whole thing a lot more depth, which will allow me to turn the bass down on the head unit. Will let you know on Friday. I will ask the pro what kind of speakers they are and what he thinks of them, but to me they are a good match with the head.
And Shabz as long as the work is done professionally (not on someone's drive!) I'm sure they'll be ok about it, bonus for the next owner!
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

I would tread carefully when carrying out any modifications to the wiring loom. In my experience of the car trade it would invalidate the warranty if the work was not carried out by main dealer if they are even willing to do such work.Any excuse a dealer can apportion blame they will do as any warranty work has to be authorised by Nisan Uk...... just my advice and it may be an idea to talk to your Dealer and if its ok to do the mods yourself, get it in writing.jukester462014-04-09 07:29:41
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I also think the current speakers are fine and will complement the Kenwood underseat sub I want.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

I would be careful what you do to a Motability car as its theoretically not yours. Personally I would ask Motability the question rather than the dealer as sometimes theyre not as knowledgable as they would like you to believe. I think that you would need permission from Motability to make any alterations to the car and dont forget you would probably need to notify the insurance.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Donkey"]Yer mines same states BOSE on head but no version numberIf I was you wait until you get your car before getting speakers and then go from thereMine seem fine but im an old dodder although kids today said they were ok but then they did actualy ask for music to be turned off for some reason[/QUOTE]
Maybe your kids don't like the music you listen while you drive
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Donkey"]Yer mines same states BOSE on head but no version numberIf I was you wait until you get your car before getting speakers and then go from thereMine seem fine but im an old dodder although kids today said they were ok but then they did actualy ask for music to be turned off for some reason[/QUOTE]
You'll have to stop playing Vera Lynn and Max Bygraves C.D's and they will be happy
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dont know old Bing Crosby I sayMy car My musicIf kids get control they will be biting heads off live chickens in the car