New trailer wiring not working correctly

ICE, Equipment, Options
dogmatic69

Post by dogmatic69 »

Hi all,

I have just purchased a brand new 13 pin wiring kit from Nissan (KE505JD113) to fit to my 60 plate +2.

The wiring kit is simple enough, one large plug + earth + a loose wire I believe is for fog lights.

Got it all set up per the instructions, and the only lights that work are the indicators.

no side lights, no brakes, etc.

If I put the fog lights on, the fog light on the board comes on, along with one side light.

I have double checked the wiring of the trailer board (its brand new) and also tested it with a 12v source and every light works correctly per the pinout.

Last time I tested with a multi-meter on the wiring kits plug, I could not find any 12V for tail lights or brakes when the pedal is pushed. It's almost as if there is no power for the lights. Possibly a fuse or something worse?

I have returned the first one, and a second brand new kit does the same thing.

Any ideas? Been driving me mad for weeks now.

petenruthevans

Post by petenruthevans »

I have exactly the same issue, did you ever find a solution?
Many thanks
dogmatic69

Post by dogmatic69 »

It was the fuse. it was called "dealer option" or something not directly indicative of being for a trailer.
ltam
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by ltam »

I have the same problem.

Could you send me the exact place and number of the fuse which had to be replaced?
Thank you in advance...
dogmatic69

Post by dogmatic69 »

Don’t have the car anymore. Just look under the steering wheel and make sure every slot is occupied and has a working fuse.

They are all labelled so above should be enough info.