New battery in i-Key

ICE, Equipment, Options
Silvor

Post by Silvor »

Hello,

One of my two i-Key's (my partners) was playing up, so after reading around I decided to change the battery in it. I did that and now the key doesn't register at all.

When I come to unlock the car, the button on the door doesn't work, the button on the keyfob doesn't work - I remove the manual key, unlock the door and it sets the alarm off. The only way I can start the car is by actually pressing the end of the fob in to the stop/start button. (Without clutch = electrics, with clutch = engine starts).

There must be a simple way to "re-register" the fob to work with the car.

If I get in a press the start/stop button with my finger, it says "Key ID not detected"

I think it must just need re-syncronising and there must be a 'Do it yourself' method?

I wondered if any of you experts may know :D

I've got a Qashqai Acenta Premium (2015)

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The keys should not need re-syncing.... I have swapped one of mine recently and had no issue.

If its not working at all, then try swapping the battery again. Check the battery contacts in the fob to make sure making contact with the battery itself.... it could also be that the battery fitted is a dud....

However, you don't say how the key was 'playing up' originally. When the battery starts to run flat, you can get key detection issues, but in most cases it will flag up a warning on the dash to tell you the battery is running low..... If it wasn't, then maybe the key could be damaged in some way.
Silvor

Post by Silvor »

Is it possible to perform a resync?

In regards to the playing up issue, it would sometimes not lock/unlock the car with the button on the door - unless the keyfob was REALLY close (practically touching).

It would also sometimes not detect the keyfob, but that only happened once or twice. I just presumed it may be starting to run low on battery and not outputting enough signal anymore
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

A quick google does not bring anything up for ikey reprogramming. All guides state a procedure with the ignition barrel, which of course cars equipped with keyless ignition do not have!

Does sound like a battery issue, my wife had the same issues until I swapped out the battery. Although sometimes we got the issues anyway as other signals can cause problems for remote fobs.

Try swapping out the battery again before doing anything else, as I say maybe its not in properly, or the battery you put in is a dud.
Silvor

Post by Silvor »

Going to get a new battery now :-)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Otherwise use your warranty to get fixed :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Tonyrep

Post by Tonyrep »

I’m having the same problem. Had my Qashqai about 2 weeks, it’s a 2014. Did get a message no key detected. Yesterday I got key battery low, so I replaced the battery & now the fob doesn’t work, can’t unlock the car. Tried 3 new batteries too.
Spare fob works fine. Any ideas?
Gel

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Tonyrep, seem to recall its something to do with getting the car to recognise the keyfob again. Hold the keyfob up against the start/stop button for at least three seconds. There's more detail in your handbook.