Satnav Re-Calculate Route?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I've used the Connect Satnav several times now, but am confused as to why it is so inflexible? Last night it wanted me to take a left turn on the route I'd planned but I personally knew of a preferred route which I knew was less busy traffic-wise. On all other Satnav's I've used it would sense that I'd not taken the instructed route and it would then re-calculate the route based on my current revised position. Not so with the Connect Satnav, for the next 20 odd miles it was still trying to re-direct me back to the turn I'd chosen not to take? In the end I had to cancel the route and re-enter the destination.

Is this a known issue with these? I tend to over-ride sat navs choice of turnings on a regular basis but it doesn't seem like you can do this with the Qashqai and expect it to re-calculate the route.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I can't say I have ever experienced the problem you mention, and find that if I do decide to take a different route to what "Sally Sat Nav" suggests, she always immediately re-calculates the route. Not sure if there is anything in the settings that you may need to alter?

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Never had that problem, it always re routes me correctly and within 5 to 10 seconds.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

ditto :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

daddydoug wrote:Hi

I can't say I have ever experienced the problem you mention, and find that if I do decide to take a different route to what "Sally Sat Nav" suggests, she always immediately re-calculates the route. Not sure if there is anything in the settings that you may need to alter?

Doug

Hi Doug,

I can't see anything in the Settings which would suggest as being relative to this?
ExJagXF

Post by ExJagXF »

If the Satnav thinks the original route is still quicker/shorter (depends on your settings) it will try to direct you back to the original route. As others say, I have found it re-calculates rapidly if you stick to your own route.
2017 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Xtronic in Magnetic Red.
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Hi all,

I did a quick Satnav route this morning and it seemed to have worked ok. I tried various turns to try and out-fox it but it correctly re-routed me to my programmed destination.

I think the problem may have been that my previous journeys have been in the same general direction and received on-screen notifications of road works/delays and I chose to not accept to detour off the programmed route? As such, as I had chosen to ignore its suggestion to by-pass the road works when I made the decision to take a different turn then I suppose it would logically try and get me back on the original route?
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

daddydoug wrote:Hi

Doug

Have to disagree Doug. It is 'Sally TomTom' but 'Nikki Nissan' Don't upset the girl, or she won't talk to you! :lol:
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin