Large Music Library via USB

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Does anyone have a large music library permanently connected via the USB aux connector ?

I have a 160Gb iPod but this continually freezes when used with 2016 Qashqai (the only time this happens) so I was thinking about transferring the mp3's to another device.

The cost of large capacity USB sticks is prohibitive so I was just wondering what others are using (ideally I'd like to transfer everything on a single device just to leave permanently connected - approx. 100Gb)

rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

I've got one of these

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4719823

with about 45GB of songs on it. It quite often hangs at 1% for a minute or so, but then plays fine. About once a month It'll decide to alter its set playlist and play one artist only (usually Poison, why I don't know)
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Cheers, I've just been looking around some more and bought a 128Gb stick. Hopefully that should suffice
duncho

Post by duncho »

Bobster wrote:Does anyone have a large music library permanently connected via the USB aux connector ?

I have a 160Gb iPod but this continually freezes when used with 2016 Qashqai (the only time this happens) so I was thinking about transferring the mp3's to another device.

The cost of large capacity USB sticks is prohibitive so I was just wondering what others are using (ideally I'd like to transfer everything on a single device just to leave permanently connected - approx. 100Gb)
I was using 320GB 2.5" HDD for a while without problem, but indexing of the content was always an issue and still is the issue even if only 64GB flash drive is used.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Bobster wrote:Cheers, I've just been looking around some more and bought a 128Gb stick. Hopefully that should suffice
I have a 128GB stick in all the time and never a problem. All my files are MP3 with artwork embedded in the file and it plays everytime.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dionysus wrote: I have a 128GB stick in all the time and never a problem. All my files are MP3 with artwork embedded in the file and it plays everytime.
Could you please check whether anytime you sit in the car, Connect starts to index the USB content? It is visible on the top of the Connect screen (value shown in %). Thank you

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I assume Connect can't show the music file image :?: ; saw ad for Suzuki I think the other night, and showed track info & image of "CD" cover on its' screen.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes it does show. However, the thumbnail needs to be embedded in mp3 file. For CD it won't display the picture as CDDA would not download the information (no connection to internet).

Turvey

Post by Turvey »

duncho wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 pm Yes it does show. However, the thumbnail needs to be embedded in mp3 file. For CD it won't display the picture as CDDA would not download the information (no connection to internet).
Apologies for the reboot of an old thread, does anyone know of a way to mass embed JPGs into MP3s?

I can do it one album at a time with MP3tag but hoped I could find a way to do a whole lot at one time, probably asking too much though.
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)