Rain Sensor

ICE, Equipment, Options
switchback

Post by switchback »

kifler wrote: Also if anyone is confused about what im calling what, this is the positions of the wiper lever.

Manual
Off
Sensor mode
Auto/interval (around 1s interval)
Fast Auto/Interval
Without checking the car I'm pretty sure it's just OFF, MANUAL, AUTO(sensor)
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

kifler

Post by kifler »

I guess yours is different then. I looked up from english manual from internet (cause my manual is in estonian), this is how its called in the english manual:

single sweep
off
auto if you have sensor, intermittent if you dont have sensor
continuous low
continuous high
J11 2015 Qashqai DIG-T 115 Acenta 2WD Xtronic
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Same here, ( J10). Upward pressure for single sweep.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I hope this is not an over kill but is this what everybody is talking about - see Manual info'. I Keep reading this post and today I played around with the Options on our Tekna J11 and everything seemed to function with a light spray / heavy one and the sweep options. Perhaps I am not understanding the Problem or just lucky - Dave ;)

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Well, what has transpired is that the car has almost certainly had a new screen fitted at some time, and whatever company replaced the screen did a right bodge-job and damaged various components in doing so! Instead of sliding the mirror off its bracket it looks like they pulled at it and broke the metal clip completely off the windscreen, this had been glued back on (to a fashion). In addition the metal ring which houses the sensor had been pulled off the screen and as originally suspected the sensor was just hanging loose inside the mirror.

Nissan are unable to repair the broken off parts, they are not prepared to try and re-fit the bracket as they say it will almost certainly fail at some point, plus there is no way they can re-fit the sensor housing ring as they say this also comes pre-fitted to the screen.

To summarise, the only solution now is to replace the windscreen and this is going to be done later in the week. Nissan have agreed to pay for the excess costs on my windscreen insurance, so hopefully everything will all be resolved by this weekend.

Not something you expect to have to go through when you buy a car, but there you go.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

New screen fitted today and everything working!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Great News, you had a problem, found the reason, solved it so now you can use it and enjoy it - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Great News, you had a problem, found the reason, solved it so now you can use it and enjoy it - Dave ;)
Cheers Dave.

Yes, everything is working now as it should be, the Auto Wipe and the Auto Headlights are both working perfectly! :D

I'm quite impressed with the Auto Wipe actually, I had this feature on a Peugeot 307 I used to own but the one on the Qashqai seems to work a lot better IMHO. I've been out the weekend in various rainy weather conditions and the Auto Wipe has operated extremely well.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Good result all round 8-) .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Was driving in the rain yesterday and my auto wipers seemed to have a mind of their own. Changed sensitivity to high, but at many times the entire windscreen was full of rain drops before it would come. In the end had to keep manually intervening, which goes against the basis for having auto wipers!
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine