Parking lights

ICE, Equipment, Options
propjoe

Post by propjoe »

I am sure it's me being a bit dim but how do you leave the parking lights on with the stop/start button ignition? Normally, leaving the side lights on does this. Can't see it in the manual. Car is a week old, AP, love it generally.

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Not sure on the Qashqai on My Seat Exeo you stick your left indicator or right on, Then switch off the engine witch keeps the light on the appropriate side of the parked car. not sure if it works but worth a try, let us know.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Good question, in fact I cant remember ever ever using the parking lights, thats a term from the 60s lolGood luck with the answer well wait and see whos found it
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Why dont you go and check Donk seeing as u have yours the suspense is killing me here on the night shift!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive just a pic of mine mate dont collect it until monday lunch only went down today to drool and get wheels changed
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

My Mondeo works with the indicator switch depending which you leave it it switches on left or right side light.
keith
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

My juke doesnt so I reckon a road work lantern hung off the mirror might be in order!!!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

As ive said im old enough to remember a time when parking lights were not only fitted but a car could actualy use them without having a flat battery in morning.Nowadays and ive rattled my brains I cannot for love of me remember last time ive seen anyone use them, short stops side lights left on or more commonly people use hazard lightsIts a great question but why people woul dneed them has to go with that other wiered question of why are cars fitted with side lights.For years ive seen people trundling down a foggy or dark road with just sidelights on and wondered WTF are they doingIn past 40 years every aspect of the car has dramaticly improved even the wheels and glass are massively better and Batterys well there now so big they the size of a small engine so why cant a modern car be left overnight with park lights on and still work next day lol
propjoe

Post by propjoe »

Thank you to all for your replies. I think they answer the problem, it can't be done.Just to be clear on the terminology, I called them parking lights but should have said side lights.If I have side lights on and stop to go in a shop for example, turning the car off puts all lights out.You can leave headlights on if selected but that is not what I expected. In the 'olden' days, headlights go out and leave the car lit on sidelights when you turn the ignition off. Anyway! It was a minor thing, I just thought I was missing something obvious. Thank you again to all, it is a Magnetic Red AP and do thoroughly like it. Just a side issue; just topped up and achieved 51mpg with 'combined' driving but 75% urban- so pretty good. CHEERS.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

51mpg for town drivings rather goodIm suprised though they havent left some kind of parking light system though to be fair with the advent of low energy LEDs When you see the solar lights in garden i wonder why they havent incorporated this idea into new cars as it goes, the tech cannot be that dear every pound shop has them