Electronic Faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, I must admit I did not ask I was just happy to get a new one. Perhaps this helps - Dave ;)

IMG_1753.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Gel, in case there's a morsel of useful info on it, these are the RAC's test results when they confirmed my battery was a dud and replaced it a few weeks ago.

RAC02.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin, apologies for not commenting sooner.
Over the last 2 weeks I've encountered the warning light saying that the forward collision system is inoperative, parking sensors going off both front and rear when nothing was there, and the Connect system has switched off momentarily before rebooting itself.
The parking sensors and Connect unit righted themselves and the forward collision system would only reset by switching off the ignition and restarting. Each fault has now occurred 3 times over a 2 week period.
The stop/start system has also worked less than usual. The car starts up first time with no hesitation. The fuel economy has dipped slightly.
The temperatures have been between 0*C and 5*C when the faults have appeared.
I'm just going to keep an eye on things for the time being, just to see if it is either weather or temperature related. Having said that, it didn't show these problems last year in similar conditions!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, no problem I just thought I would ask here before approaching our Dealer - just more Facts up front.
You do seem to be going through the same problems as me they come and go but as of yet more frequently recently. We are down around the -2* to +3*C at present. As I mentioned to Gel document the faults and make pics for the Dealer, then there is no get out and then also you have the facts "If" you ever have to approach NCS in the U.K. We now have light snow so I will be monitoring what happens, hope you get it sorted out - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, I have just seen our Weather news and remembered a point. Regarding the Parking Sensors with frost these went to a permanently "On" situation and I just rubbed my warm finger over them and they functioned OK. In the next few days a Cold Front is coming here predicted to be down to -10*C and in the south of Germany down to -17*C, so I need to keep an eye on things and wrap things up - Dave :D
Gel

Post by Gel »

Just back from dealers re my Stop/Start error message, and they just say battery needs charging which they offered, was at showing 80%.
This on a cold morning (0-2degC), and after an 8 mile trip.
Confirmed that they'd seen faulty batteries but mine tested OK.

I'll remedy with a run, and occasional battery charge in current low ambient temperatures.
:shock:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I know intelligent key fault mentioned in this post chain. Got this twice tonight. Opened the car okay with the blipped then it said key not recognize. Held the key on the stop start button. Started. Then stopped down the road to drop my daughter off and whilst vehicle running said no key detected. Held it again on stop start and message went away.

Car is just over a year old with 3100 miles on it. Shall I presume a battery change in key fob required ? Can easily do it just to be safe but would invite comments please
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well the Problem is not solved !. Over the last couple of weeks this error has been showing up again on a weekly Basis (as original post 1st Pic), no Rear Cameras, No Radio, No Navi, etc but normally after stopping the Motor for around 5 mins it all functions as normal. But today it bucked the System and did not correct itself just got another message "System Checking the Installation". Drove to our Dealer and told them I am not a Happy Sailor so it is booked in for the 21st. I told them it needs correcting as I have only 6 months left on the Guarantee, but on checking (I have the paperwork) I was told I have a 1 year Guarantee Extension (4 years) so I calmed down - Dave :)

IMG_3491.JPG

Gel

Post by Gel »

Dave, how did you qualify for a 1 year boost?
Mine in Friday for 4th set of roof rail end caps & replacement of 1 wheel showing worming
under lacquer.