Connect 1.5 + back-up camera retrofit project

ICE, Equipment, Options
italvital

Post by italvital »

Hi all,

I am currently retrofitting an OEM Nissan Connect 1.5 (including reverse camera) in my car.
Having a few difficulties, maybe someone can help.
Hopefully this thread will help you if you need to do the same.

I bought an OEM Nissan Connect ref 25915BH30E from a Qashqai J10, including OEM reverse camera. This unit supports reverse camera or full AVM system.

I have connected the reverse light wire to pin 25 of the connect, and the 4 camera wires to pins 41/42/43/44, as explained in other posts.

By changing grounds wires to pins 21/22/23/24, I'm able to change the Connect configuration in the Service menu from:
Camera Lines: P32L/AVMR/AVML
Steering Wheel controls: P32L

or

Camera Lines: AVMR/AVML
Steering Wheel controls: P32E

To have the correct steering wheel buttons in my cars (tel/source not beeing reversed), I need to have Steering Wheel controls saying P32E. Hence Camera Lines is either AVMR or AVML (can't get it to be P32E).

This might make sense as on the Bosch website: https://www.bosch-repair-service.com/DE ... 076-NISSAN

it says this Connect Unit works with Qashqai/Qashqai AVM/Evalia (ie X-Trail) AVM.
It doesn't say this Connect Unit works with Evalia (ie X-Trail) with no AVM.

The problem I have is with the camera.

1) First question:
If Camera Lines is P32L, the Connect unit changes to reverse camera view when in reverse gear.
If Camera Lines is AVMR or AVML, nothing happens when in reverse gear.

I think when Camera Lines is P32L, it means vehicle is a Qashqai equiped with backup camera only.
I think when Camera Lines is AVMR or AVML, it means vehicle is equiped with AVM system (sides, front and reverse camera).

So the question is: do you have any idea why when Camera Lines is AVMR or AVML, nothing happens when reverse gear in engaged? Does that mean with the AVM system, the camera shouldn't be pinned the same way onto the Connect unit (with pins 25 and 41/42/43/44) ?

2) Second question:
As camera works fine with Camera Lines P32L, if I want to keep this configuration, it seems I cannot have Steering Wheels Controls being other than P32L (I would need P32E). Then my tel/source buttons are reversed.

Do you know how I could modify them? Maybe working on the wheel's buttons directly?

Thanks a lot for your help, and if you need any infos on how to do the retrofitting in your car, feel free to ask.