Stop/Start Fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
Tinman399

Post by Tinman399 »

Hi All

I have a 2014 Qashqai 1.5 diesel and last Wednesday I started the car and got the stop start fault come up. When I got home I turned off the car Andy the error went. On Friday it came back and didn't go away, yesterday I started the car got the stop start fault and also a stability control fault again it diasappeared when I restarted the car. Today I started the car got the stop start fault and tyre pressure sensor fault. I turned off the ignition and tried to start the car and the battery was flat. I am assuming it's a battery issue but my friendly Nissan dealer can't fit me in for a week. Anyone had a similar issue with their Qashqai and was it the battery?

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

A few people have had this and turned out to be either loose terminal on the battery or a iffy battery.

Seems as though the control systems on our QQ's are rather sensitive to iffy batteries!
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

This should help, although I think its the J10 manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/83606 ... 185#manual

I read once that this suggests a weak battery. But most definitely, something with the battery.

Had this fault come for me last saturday when the temp outside was 3C. Both the defoggers were switched on, and on ignition I got this error. Turned off the engine after a short trip back home and switching it back on after some time. The error had disappeared.

Anyways, given in the car for a winter check today, will get to know about the health of the battery. So will get to know soon.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Domski

Post by Domski »

We had this with our QQ and recently it's come up on the one we've been given as a courtesy car. Seems to be something you've just got to get used to. Bit crap really.
Bazzerstoke

Post by Bazzerstoke »

Had this fault for two weeks and then it cleared. As I'd already booked the car in I got the dealer to look at. They discovered that the battery was defective and replaced it under warranty. They said it was not an uncommon issue.
Tekna 1.5dCi Ink Blue
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Stop/Start system fault will be the sign of a faulty battery. Had it with my car along with many other owners.

My car started with the stop/start error along with complete failure of the stop/start system. Then the auto braking/ collision system failed. Then the battery packed up and the RAC confirmed the battery was faulty which was replaced under warranty.
2014 Qashqai Tekna