2014 QQ Tekna not starting!

ICE, Equipment, Options
Graham_uk

Post by Graham_uk »

Hi all, I had to replace a fuse earlier today (The 12v socket fuse had blown). Nice simple job, however now the car wont start! It's push button so I do what you'd normally do. Depress clutch then push button, you can hear a bit of whirring but nothing mechanical. After a few secs it says "Start/Stop failure" then "Key not found".. Any ideas? I've disconnected the battery for 5 mins and that hasn't cleared it. (Worth noting too that I re-checked the fuses to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything).
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)

Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

These are the exact symptoms I had when the FIAMM brand car battery in my 2014 QQ died last month. Nissan hotline to RAC swiftly brought a patrolman who quickly diagnosed a duff cell in the battery. The battery was changed at the local dealer under warranty.
These Renault Nissan FIAMM batteries are no longer fitted...
Just a coincidence? Probably worth contacting the RAC though to get it checked out.
Hope this is helpful.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
Graham_uk

Post by Graham_uk »

Awesome stuff! I've got a guy coming out this afternoon to do a diagnostic but I'll get him to check the battery too :)

What battery did they stick back in the car?
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

My 2014 J11 wouldn't start this morning, RAC were out in 30 mins, battery was completely faulty, started my car and took it immediately to dealer, changed under warranty, no issues at all.
Graham_uk

Post by Graham_uk »

Yeah, touch wood mines been fine since the battery issue. My car sadly has no warranty due to it being previously a Cat D write off but my local mechanic swapped the battery and removed the fault codes.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Mu neighbour has just taken delivery of a 2014 1.6 QQ Tekna. This morning the dealer was called out to jump start it! Not a good beginning for customer relations. Hopefully the battery has been changed and this problem has disappeared. Touch wood! this does not migrate to my 2014 1.5 QQ Tekna!!
Big Blue 64
Quashqui 2202

Post by Quashqui 2202 »

Good Evening

I drive a Quashqui Acenta DIG-T CTV , my problem started with a flat battery after the second time of calling out the RAC who suggested that I take the car to the Dealer ,it was indeed a faulty battery and was changed but the worst news was there was a rattling noise coming from the engine and high oil consumption ,once the technician had done a compression test it was confirmed that l need a new engine.
I'm very disappointed that the news as it's only done 18000 mile's.
Hopefully it will be resolved as it's under warranty.

I will keep you informed

Kind regards
Mike