Activate ok google?

ICE, Equipment, Options
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Good call on the steering wheel button - I'll try that tomorrow

I've tried trusted voice and everything else I can think of - nothing works when the screen is "off" (I've got an S7 Edge with always on screen, even though it isn't) - suppose it's a power saving feature as to have the phone always listening for the command would be a waste of energy

scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

confused - are you saying there is way of using voicedialling with the handsfree - my company astra does this
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

voice dial, send a text, navigate - yes, everything , without touching the phone. Either to contacts in your phonebook or businesses found through google
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Maybe someone can help me as this function doesn’t seem to work.

I just purchased a a 2017 dec release (I’m in Australia)

I have the 2 buttons on the wheel that show to pick up and talk and hang up.
I’ve tried many different methods to get my car to connect to my phone with google by pushing down holding the button in, nothing happens, I have pushed and hold the button in and said “ok google’ I can see on my phone that my it can hear me as it responds yet nothing comes through my car or my phone now and as it’s connected to Bluetooth it’s completely silent all around.
Yes If someone calls me it will go through my car speakers but using “ok google” to make a call will not work at all.

I make a lot of calls from inside my car so I am not left with having to take my eyes off the road and fumble with the centre screen and scroll through to try find the name to call. Or to pull over numerous times to stop and make calls.
This seems very outdated and dangerous as we are all being encourage to keep our eyes on the road.
Until I can get this working to some degree I am seriously not feeling the love with the car

are there any reliable videos of step by step to get this function to work, keeping in mind I have had no luck for the past week with many hours trying
Gel

Post by Gel »

Others have reported this functionality turned off in latest models :(
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Devilrex, you say you are trying to activate 'ok Google' in order to make a call. You dont do that, you simply press the call button on the steering wheel for 2-3seconds, release, there should be a quiet activation bleep, the say 'call xxxxxxxxxxxx'. The same also applies to 'send a text to xxxxxxxx' and also 'read last text from xxxxxxxxx'. In the last instance though, once it has read the 'last message from xxxxx' it cannot be asked to read it again.
Hocki

Post by Hocki »

On my second car Kia Ceed 2015 it has voice control that works great, just press once and it answers: say a command then you can say / do anything like gps, radio.call someone so you do not have to look away from this road is very strange that the nissan does not have it
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

When pressing the call button or holding it in for 2 second or 10 or 30 or a minute I get
NO activation sound or beep or bleep or bong. It simply does not work, tried with 3 photos
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My Samsung S6 works perfectly with the call button. I skipped the S7 & now have an S8 that does not work holding the call button(Bixby Sucks). So it has to be something with the phone or the software that is activated through the call button press / hold.

I've not tried this fix, but found it on Reddit. Heres the link https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/commen ... bluetooth/

Devilrex wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:10 am When pressing the call button or holding it in for 2 second or 10 or 30 or a minute I get
NO activation sound or beep or bleep or bong. It simply does not work, tried with 3 photos
Devilrex

Post by Devilrex »

Daewar is Troy’s a late 2017 plate QQ as well?

The function does not work with Samsung 5 or Samsung 7 or Samsung 8 or iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 so far

When telling the dealership I need my handsfree button to work on my steering wheel they told me this option is not available in Australia and referred to the button as the on board voice command button, saying my car doesn’t have voice activation, I’m aware of that, I simply need handsfree to work as a reason I also purchased was it has handsfree like 99% of other new cars on the road.

The manual clearly states “where fitted” but again they tell me, oh sorry mate that’s an international mantual you have there’s, strange as I hear the problem is also encountered in the uk Germany and other Australians.

I can get a call through Bluetooth but can’t make one hands free as button doesn’t not work. Dealership suggested I pull over to make a call.
That’s insane to say the least being it has ‘handfree’