Nissan Connect central screen not switching on

ICE, Equipment, Options
TheStig

Post by TheStig »

Hi,

Since I started the car yesterday morning, the Nissan Connect screen refuses to turn on. The only time the screen displays something is when the gear is put in reverse and the rear view camera is activated, or if there are objects in close proximity which activates the display for the cameras.

I am not able to access radio / CD/ Aux which has made my journeys very boring or the Sat Nav or any other connect features.

Has anyone come across this before? I suspect there's probably a lose connection / wire somewhere.

The car is still under warranty, so If there is no easy solution, I'll book it in for repair.

Thank you
65 plate 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I wouldn't bother trying anything, just let your dealer sort it.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Stig,

Try holding doen the on / off button for 10 - 20 seconds, this will perform a reboot.
TheStig wrote:Hi,

Since I started the car yesterday morning, the Nissan Connect screen refuses to turn on. The only time the screen displays something is when the gear is put in reverse and the rear view camera is activated, or if there are objects in close proximity which activates the display for the cameras.

I am not able to access radio / CD/ Aux which has made my journeys very boring or the Sat Nav or any other connect features.

Has anyone come across this before? I suspect there's probably a lose connection / wire somewhere.

The car is still under warranty, so If there is no easy solution, I'll book it in for repair.

Thank you
TheStig

Post by TheStig »

Thanks for the replies.

Turns out it was a battery failure. Don't understand why the Connect system wold fail first though. The following morning, the car wouldn't start at all. All sorted out at the dealership.
65 plate 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic