Trackers

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

I have the AA connect device fitted to my QQ, it's not officially a tracker but it accurately shows the location of my QQ through the app.
It also shows vehicle health, battery condition and all of the previous journeys in detail.
There is also a "my driving" part of the app which monitors all of my driving habits like braking, rpm etc etc and of course my speed and scores my driving accordingly, i'm not too bothered about this function, probably because my scores are always low :oops:
I got the device on a free trial from the AA, it plugs into the OBD socket.
Overall I like it, i've had it fitted on the QQ a few months now and it's remained trouble free and very accurate with it's results, including the tracking.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You may also find in the small print, they may supply the data to the police if your involved in an accident. But im sure no one here in the forum speeds for makes mistakes, so no worries there :)

I would imagine thay also will be collecting your driving habbits whether you like it or not & will be adjusting next years premium accordingly.

Mark46 wrote:I have the AA connect device fitted to my QQ, it's not officially a tracker but it accurately shows the location of my QQ through the app.
It also shows vehicle health, battery condition and all of the previous journeys in detail.
There is also a "my driving" part of the app which monitors all of my driving habits like braking, rpm etc etc and of course my speed and scores my driving accordingly, i'm not too bothered about this function, probably because my scores are always low :oops:
I got the device on a free trial from the AA, it plugs into the OBD socket.
Overall I like it, i've had it fitted on the QQ a few months now and it's remained trouble free and very accurate with it's results, including the tracking.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The comments from gvmdaddy seem to be correct regarding this TrackR device - Bluetooth not GPS. I looked at this about 6 weeks ago with a friend here in the US who has a habit of loosing his SUV. This device is being widely advertised at present with big discounts or the usual "Buy 4 get 6 Free" / "Buy 3 get 2 Free" so the question remains how good is it - Dave ;)

Here is a short UK review on this device :

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/digit ... ew-3633237
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
grahamfromoldham

Post by grahamfromoldham »

Hey up guys, its Grahamfromoldham who hardwired the tracker into my new Qashqai a few weeks ago. Just wanted to put my two penneth in by saying since fitting it (it was removed out of my Astra and worked fine since installation a couple of years ago) everything is fine with superb network coverage on the GiffGaff network. Running costs are minimal and no evidence of battery drain but then again its only drawing such a small load. Hardwired hidden behind the glovebox as per my installation guide, a doddle to do. If anyone wants a demo if you're in my area (not Oldham but Winsford, Cheshire) you're more than welcome.
I've just ordered one for my girlfriends' Golf so I'll be installing that for her very soon in a similar way to the QQ, discreet and hardwired.