Low AUX volume on iPhone with BT

ICE, Equipment, Options
gwwishart

Post by gwwishart »

Hi,

Sorry if already discussed (if so, I couldn't find it). But am having an odd problem with my iPhone 6 with my 2016 QQ.

When first connected over BT in January, volume level of 13-14 was fine. Am now having to turn it up to 22 to get similar sound level.

Ringer volume on the iPhone is at max (it's either on 3/4 or max all the time, but muted using side button all the time), and I haven't changed any of the audio settings on the phone. QQ hasn't been to dealer or had any software changes since July, and this problem started happening in the last month.

Anyone aware of any settings that iOS updates could have changed without my notice, or does anyone have any recommended settings for iPhone?

Thanks

G.W.

Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello gwwishart,

I have an iPhone too (6s). Whenever an iOS update is applied, or I restart/shut down the phone, I always have to increase the volume by using the rocker switches on the side of the phone. The iPhone always reverts back to half volume, I find.

When you're in your Qashqai and have started the engine and the iPhone has connected and it's playing some music, use the physical volume buttons on the side of the iPhone. If you look at the iPhone screen, you should see the volume slider moving too. This appears to work independently to the Ringer and Alerts volume in Settings I've found.

I had to do all this before when I had an iPhone 5s.

So far, I've had to do it twice this month: when iOS 10 came out and when there was an update to 10.0.2 shortly thereafter.

Like you, volume 13-14 is fine, otherwise I have to increase to over 20 unless I remember to use the rocker switches beforehand!

If you've already tried using the rocker switches, I don't know what else to suggest. The firmware on my Nissan Connect was last updated by the dealership in August 2015 so there might be another update to apply when my Qashqai goes in for its second service next month.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)