Cruise control stopped working

ICE, Equipment, Options
coys84

Post by coys84 »

Not long had our 2010 qashqai but noticed yesterday that the cruise control has stopped working. Pressing the buttons on the steering wheel doesn't even activate it anymore. I recently got a software update on it by nissan, could this be related, or would it be something simple like a fuse. If a fuse, anyone know which one I should be looking at?

montimar

Post by montimar »

I had the same problem last year and it turned out to be a failed temperature sensor. Your local dealer should do a diagnostic check to pinpoint the problem.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I also had a failed air temperature sensor which affected cruise control and speed limiter. However, you've had a knocking noise since the timing belt and water pump were changed, so there could be more than just a sensor that needs looking at.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
kpfran

Post by kpfran »

I have the same problem at the moment...the car went in for a service last month and they told me they had to do some software updates.Next time I tried the cruise control a few weeks later nothing was working.Just want to check the fuse first but have no idea where it is.
coys84

Post by coys84 »

kpfran wrote:I have the same problem at the moment...the car went in for a service last month and they told me they had to do some software updates.Next time I tried the cruise control a few weeks later nothing was working.Just want to check the fuse first but have no idea where it is.
Thanks, The knocking seems to have gone. I found the air intake turbo pipe split so changed that and the knocking gone. I also have a code reader that I put on it and it's throwing up a pending code p0380 which is saying it's glowplug relay.
andycee

Post by andycee »

coys84 wrote:
kpfran wrote:I have the same problem at the moment...the car went in for a service last month and they told me they had to do some software updates.Next time I tried the cruise control a few weeks later nothing was working.Just want to check the fuse first but have no idea where it is.
Thanks, The knocking seems to have gone. I found the air intake turbo pipe split so changed that and the knocking gone. I also have a code reader that I put on it and it's throwing up a pending code p0380 which is saying it's glowplug relay.
Hi - I've got the same issue, no cruise control buttons work and getting the p0380 error code - not having any issues with starting or anything. Did you get to the bottom of it?
coys84

Post by coys84 »

Yes they plugged it onto diagnostic machine and it showed up the same code and said it won't work until fault is sorted as the car deactivate cruise control when it stores a fault but ever since they plugged it in the cruise control has been working again.
andycee

Post by andycee »

OK cheers. I read on another thread someone else had this and it was to do with a software update. Ours stopped working days after we had it serviced at Nissan, they've said they want £70 to put it on diags! I might just try clearing the error code. The other guy said a reflash sorted it, no charge. Seems a bit of a coincidence that it worked fine before the service and after it didn't!
coys84

Post by coys84 »

Did you get it sorted?
andycee

Post by andycee »

I haven't yet - I think she has it booked in next week, they are going to check if they did an update and see what it is, said they won't charge if it is related to the service. I'll update once it's been in.