Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

Thanks for the latest info. I've followed the instructions to the letter, so a couple of questions as It still won't work.
1. Do you have to register your device with Nissan?
2. Does the 'connect' have to be switched on on order to receive the map?
3. What other possible reason is there that it doesn't work?
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.

RVW

Post by RVW »

I am only forwarding the email I received from NCS.
I too have followed the advice and come to the same position as you. So either we are not entering and following the instructions, or the system is ABSOLUTE CRAP!
My understanding is you should be able to sit at your desktop/laptop and find a location to where you want to go and then send that directly to the car.
it seems that you can send it to your phone, then you have to connect your phone and from there send it to the car! WHAT A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!
You may as well enter the address straight into the nav system from a piece of paper.
Have sent another email asking NCS to clarify these instructions. Hold your breathe!
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
RVW

Post by RVW »

Been messing about with my TOMTOM and it is capable of receiving a destination from my desktop. I think the problem with the Nisan system is it is not updatable via the internet. Also it needs a simm card to receive info over the air. So until NISSAN get the fingers out and come up with a modern system that works intuitively then as far as I can see the NISSAN CONNECT system is nothing more than a gimmick. You can't even plan a route effectively. You have to enter waypoints which also can be a pain in the bum.

Think I may be putting my TOMTOM in the car
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Have you clicked on my earlier link? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3288&start=10

"Right - just came off the phone to Nissan and after a few minutes searching he said that the account ID is the email address you registered onto Nissan Connect with. Destination has now been sent to the car "

It does work - just read all the thread
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

rod9669 wrote:Have you clicked on my earlier link? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3288&start=10

"Right - just came off the phone to Nissan and after a few minutes searching he said that the account ID is the email address you registered onto Nissan Connect with. Destination has now been sent to the car "

Hi
How do you register to nissan connect as there isn't a qashqai option?
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

This is becoming a nightmare. I've checked that my email account is the same on everything required by Nissan. I've got 'send to car' and it says "unable to send to destination try later"

I now find I can't connect my iPhone 6s to the car system even though I can make calls to it. The Nissan connect app asks you to sign in and doesn't seem to recognise the apps on the connect screen in the car. Where exactly am I going wrong? I have 'the bit between my teeth' and won't give up!
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You need to phone Nissan care line, they will fix it for you. Also you need to connect a iphone with the cable for a lot of stuff to work.
crewmeal wrote:This is becoming a nightmare. I've checked that my email account is the same on everything required by Nissan. I've got 'send to car' and it says "unable to send to destination try later"

I now find I can't connect my iPhone 6s to the car system even though I can make calls to it. The Nissan connect app asks you to sign in and doesn't seem to recognise the apps on the connect screen in the car. Where exactly am I going wrong? I have 'the bit between my teeth' and won't give up!
RVW

Post by RVW »

Daewar wrote:You need to phone Nissan care line, they will fix it for you. Also you need to connect a iphone with the cable for a lot of stuff to work.
crewmeal wrote:This is becoming a nightmare. I've checked that my email account is the same on everything required by Nissan. I've got 'send to car' and it says "unable to send to destination try later"

I have an iPhone 6 most of it works when connected via USB. But the point of google send to car is to be able to sit at home on your desktop/ laptop find a location and send it to the car. Flicking pointless sending to your phone then having to plug in your phone to be able to rely the address to the car! You may as well sit in the car and put the address straight in!
NCS keep insisting the google send to car works! F*+^*#* if I can get it to work!
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

The saga so far. I did call Nissan who passed on my problem to a third party, but duly called back later on. She emailed me

Further to our conversation, please follow the steps below in order to Pair your Iphone with your New Nissan Connect System:

1. Ensure the Wifi is turned off on your IPhone device.
2. Pair your IPhone via a USB cable.
3. Open the Nissan Connect App on your mobile device.
4. Select your Country
5. Accept Terms & Conditions
6. Sign into the Nissan Connect App.

Here is a simulator of your head unit so you can be guided how to gain the maximum use of the features and services made available:

http://simulator.nissan.eu/NewNissanConnect/#

If you are experiencing any problems or have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

This was of no use at all. However I've played around with a USB lead, no wifi, re registered different parts of Nissan Connect and eventually got it going via USB only. I cannot connect using bluetooth as the previous owner states. Nissan also suggested I use a Microsoft computer with IE instead of my Macbook plus firefox to send maps. I can't be bothered with all that as I'm maxed out with all this so called easy technology. Tomorrow is another day.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Phairplay wrote:
rod9669 wrote:Have you clicked on my earlier link? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3288&start=10

Hi
How do you register to nissan connect as there isn't a qashqai option?
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html