Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
JCM
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JCM »

Hi All

Brand new QQ purchased last week and currenlty unable to "Enable" connected services on the Nissan Connect website. When I login in and click enable it just tells me to retry. I have a case open with Nissan but at present they are being more than useless and just keep telling me their technical team is looking into it (opened case on Saturday).

Is anybody else here having the same issues?

Cheers

J

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It took mine a few weeks before it finally started working, and to be honest it's a waste of time. No usefull apps on it.
JCM

Post by JCM »

Ah that's a shame if it isn't that great, it has the potential to be a great app. I liked the idea of sending a destination from my phone to the car!
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

One thing people don't seem to recognise (I think) is that part of the Connect system is the traffic warnings. It has cut in before Google Maps twice in the last month to warn me - one of a road closure due to an accident, and this afternoon that there was a lane closed on the M4 due to "vehicle fault" - turns out it was a HGV with a blowout that must have happened relatively recently as the breakdown wagon hadn't got there.

The Connect system communicates with your smartphone I believe - for those of you who travel a lot and aren't connected (no pun intended) you are missing out
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

JCM wrote:Ah that's a shame if it isn't that great, it has the potential to be a great app. I liked the idea of sending a destination from my phone to the car!
Google disabled this feature last year sometime so you can't do that anyway, I thought it was a great function when it was available.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

rod9669 wrote:One thing people don't seem to recognise (I think) is that part of the Connect system is the traffic warnings. It has cut in before Google Maps twice in the last month to warn me - one of a road closure due to an accident, and this afternoon that there was a lane closed on the M4 due to "vehicle fault" - turns out it was a HGV with a blowout that must have happened relatively recently as the breakdown wagon hadn't got there.

The Connect system communicates with your smartphone I believe - for those of you who travel a lot and aren't connected (no pun intended) you are missing out
It has nothing to do with communicating with your smartphone. It gets its road status informatio directly from satelite signals and radio data signals (rds). You will still get the same info announced even if uour phone isnt in the car.
It begs the question then, 'why cant the satnav maps be updated regularly for free' either over-air or done on a pc?
Gel

Post by Gel »

I've noticed occasionally when it flags up delays ahead the alternative route suggestion appears, and "Block" as an option; not sure what it means. :?:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jet

Post by jet »

Wheelie Bealie wrote:
JCM wrote:Ah that's a shame if it isn't that great, it has the potential to be a great app. I liked the idea of sending a destination from my phone to the car!
Google disabled this feature last year sometime so you can't do that anyway, I thought it was a great function when it was available.
I can assure you that Google Send to Car still does work ;-)
1.5 dCi MT Premium
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

jet wrote:
Wheelie Bealie wrote:
I suppose it depends on what country you are in. Im in UK and dont have it.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I live in England and can say for sure that I have used it & it does work.

gvmdaddy wrote:
jet wrote:
Wheelie Bealie wrote:
I suppose it depends on what country you are in. Im in UK and dont have it.

Capture.PNG