Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

crewmeal wrote:I've had my QQ a week now and still learning a hell of a lot of info including this system. I have an iPhone 6s and although the phone works well with it I can't seem to connect anything else. The Facebook and google searches from the app don't recognise each other. When I registered for the Nissan Connect it asked me to set up an account then asked for my car details and believe it or not the QQ model wasn't even mentioned which brings me to how the hell do you set this lit up because the instructions I've been given are useless.

Is there a residential course you can go on to learn about the QQ? :lol:
you may have been on nissan.com www, the US one where they don't have the QQ.
Have you registered here?
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Come on Nissan, almost 3 years and we are still waiting. Whats the problem?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC4ZDFe6b ... e=youtu.be
JCM
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JCM »

Latest email from Nissan:
Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan Connect account.

We apologise for the continued delay in resolving this matter. I would like to assure you that we are following up with all parties involved on a daily basis in order to try and resolve the issue as soon as possible. As soon as we do have an update on this issue, we will contact you straight away to inform you.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provide below.
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

So, registered my VIN on the local Nissan connect website - all good an simple.
However, I can't activate the additional apps in my car ... yet., and not sure I will even try more, as these apps seem completely useless for me - :?

Anyway, I'm quite upset that "Send-to-car" function in Google doesn't work. Registered my car on the google account but everything I send via PC fails to be transmitted .... "We were unable to send this destination. Please try again.".
I've re-done all settings but still the same. It also looks like a lot of folks have this issue as well and it may originate in Google. Not being able to determine if the problem is with me or Google is frustrating.

So sad this doesn't work :cry:
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DankoGranko wrote:So, registered my VIN on the local Nissan connect website - all good an simple.
However, I can't activate the additional apps in my car ... yet., and not sure I will even try more, as these apps seem completely useless for me - :?

Anyway, I'm quite upset that "Send-to-car" function in Google doesn't work. Registered my car on the google account but everything I send via PC fails to be transmitted .... "We were unable to send this destination. Please try again.".
I've re-done all settings but still the same. It also looks like a lot of folks have this issue as well and it may originate in Google. Not being able to determine if the problem is with me or Google is frustrating.

So sad this doesn't work :cry:
What benefits does it give over just typing the postcode in manually ?
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

A bit of comfort?

Easier when you browse around with Google maps and mark several interesting locations that you may want or need to use. Beats having to write down a list of 20 different postcodes on a piece of paper along with what they are and then add them into the car's system.... ;)

but maybe that's just me
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DankoGranko wrote:A bit of comfort?

Easier when you browse around with Google maps and mark several interesting locations that you may want or need to use. Beats having to write down a list of 20 different postcodes on a piece of paper along with what they are and then add them into the car's system.... ;)

but maybe that's just me
That sounds good. I have heard of the connect to car service but never looked into what it actually does.
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I had the same message when sending a destination to my car. But despite it saying it was not sent; the destination was sent...
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

Hi guys

I took delivery of my new car yesterday and signed to you+nissan on their UK site and then went to the portal page to create a connect account. Yet when I come to choose a model there isn't a qashqai

What am I doing wrong?
RVW

Post by RVW »

Just received this from Nissan stating send to car from google maps is possible if your car is capable.

You can send a place in Google Maps to your car using the Send to Car feature. Not all models and grades have this feature; therefore please confirm that your vehicle is equipped with this feature.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar.
2. Click Sign in and enter your account information (This must be a Google email address)..
3. Click Add car or GPS device.
4. Select your car type from the dropdown menu. For example, “Nissan.”
5. Type in your account ID provided by your car manufacturer in “Account ID” field.
***Your ID is your email address (case sensitive)***
6. [Optional] Type a name of your car to remember it more easily.
7. Click OK.

***You can add another car on this site by clicking the Add another car or GPS device button.***

SEND A PLACE TO YOUR VEHICLE OR NAVIGATION DEVICE
1. Open Google Maps.
2. Search for a place.
3. In the card that appears, click Send to your phone > Send to car.
4. Confirm the place and device details in the dialogue box that appears. Click the picker with your default car/device to change between saved cars/devices. You can rename the place if you want.
5. Click Send.
6. Follow the prompts in your car or on your device to see the place.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Abbie

Customer Services
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red