Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

rod9669 wrote:
Phairplay wrote:
rod9669 wrote:Have you clicked on my earlier link? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3288&start=10

"Right - just came off the phone to Nissan and after a few minutes searching he said that the account ID is the email address you registered onto Nissan Connect with. Destination has now been sent to the car "

It does work - just read all the thread
Hi
How do you register to nissan connect as there isn't a qashqai option?
https://youplus.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html
I'm registered on there and I see an option to enable connect yet I just get an connection error message

edit:
so I contacted the helpdesk and they asked me to register using another email address, which seem to solve the issue

ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Picked up my new QQ Tekna 3 weeks ago today and absolutely delighted with it, I keep finding little things that I was not aware of, such as the activation of Google by pressing and holding the phone button on the steering whee (by reading this forum). This is despite being told by the dealer that there was no voice activation for phone calls, which was technically true but can be got around using Google app.
One issue I have is the Google maps "send to car" function, I have followed all the hints and instructions on here and Google, have been able to send a location to car and got the message "sent to car" but what I cant find is where it is when I start the car.
Not sure if it has been received or not. I have seen messages posted by people that they have sent a location to their car so it must be possible.
Is anyone able to help me on this, what am I missing ?
It is frustrating to have got so far but fail on the last leg.
Thanks in anticipation
2017 QQ Tekna 1.6 DCi Xtronic- Gunmetal with Panoramic Roof
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You have to open the goggle on-line search app installed on the connect device, its in there.
ABRAM wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:53 pm Picked up my new QQ Tekna 3 weeks ago today and absolutely delighted with it, I keep finding little things that I was not aware of, such as the activation of Google by pressing and holding the phone button on the steering whee (by reading this forum). This is despite being told by the dealer that there was no voice activation for phone calls, which was technically true but can be got around using Google app.
One issue I have is the Google maps "send to car" function, I have followed all the hints and instructions on here and Google, have been able to send a location to car and got the message "sent to car" but what I cant find is where it is when I start the car.
Not sure if it has been received or not. I have seen messages posted by people that they have sent a location to their car so it must be possible.
Is anyone able to help me on this, what am I missing ?
It is frustrating to have got so far but fail on the last leg.
Thanks in anticipation
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Thanks for your help Daewer,

That's absolutely brilliant, just checked and the addresses I sent yesterday are there. :D :D
Easy when you know how, suppose I should have thought about that before but that's what happens things are in the most obvious places but you miss them.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Just a quick note sometimes the send to car may say "Not sent".But check car because it has sent and you end up with loads of address if you keep trying. :roll:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Is anyone else having problems logging on to You+Nissan website? Just changed my mobile and can't log back in, just get the message 'temporarily unavailable'. Been like this for 3 days now.
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

I also have been getting the message in a pop up, but if I click on "OK" it takes me to the log=on screen and I can log in with no issues.
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Just got my 2016 QQ today!!
manage to connect phone via BT. On the Sat Nav it says it has apps for Trip adviser and Google....how does one use them with my phone?

Also is there a simple way to use the pre-saved radio stations, rather than having to scroll the radio station list (which is a pain if driving)?
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

beetroot42 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:12 pm Just got my 2016 QQ today!!
manage to connect phone via BT. On the Sat Nav it says it has apps for Trip adviser and Google....how does one use them with my phone?

Also is there a simple way to use the pre-saved radio stations, rather than having to scroll the radio station list (which is a pain if driving)?
To save your radio station you just need to press and hold the number (top left of screen) in which you want to store it until you hear a beep.

The apps ... I have no idea. I think they are a source of frustration if anything and by the time you have fired up the Nissan Connect app etc you might as well just use your phone since you probably wont be driving at the time anyway !
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Scrolling presets is not a feature Connect supports....unfortunately. It's not safe having to take your eyes off the road every time.
They could easily fix via firmware update, but choose not to.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D