Testing Alarm and Emergeny Brake System

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Had my QQ 4 months now and still not sure of a couple of things.

Is there a way to test if the alarm works? I've tried locking and leaving the key fob thing indoors and tried rocking the car but that doesn't set it off(maybe I don't have enough strength to give it a really hard shake)

Is there a way to tell if the EBS works other than approaching a stationary object and taking a chance you can pull up in time :oops: not keen on trying that one!

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As far as im aware the alarm only activates if either the bonnet is opened or movement is detected inside the vehicle by the ultrasonic sensors. The ultrasonic is sensative, even a trpped fly or moth can set it off. Try locking the car and leaving a window open then lean inside as if you were trying to take something off one of the seats....it will go off. Im sure there is no impact sensor or jacking sensor. It is only a basic alarm system.
Regards the emergency braking....trust me it does work. Dont try to test it out because there is no way you could be quick enough. It leaves things very late but brakes hard enough to leave you wondering whether your teeth are still inside your mouth!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

gvmdaddy wrote: Regards the emergency braking....trust me it does work. Dont try to test it out because there is no way you could be quick enough. It leaves things very late but brakes hard enough to leave you wondering whether your teeth are still inside your mouth!
I can vouch for that. It has saved me once, and that once was "how the f*** did it stop me in that gap". However I often get it beeping at me warning me about somebody in front is slowing quicker and I should take action.

Just make sure the option is enabled in the settings menu, leave it and hope you never need it BUT be very thankful when it saves you your no claims discount, or even life!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

In addition to SplankS's post...remember the system is there to 'help prevent, or lessen' an impact. It does not guarantee to completely prevent hitting an object in front. Saved me twice now, once at low speed and once more frighteningly at high speed exiting a motorway.
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

With regard to knowing that the FEB is working - I knew that I had a fault because the orange emergency braking warning light appears permanently in the middle of the speedometer. Also the white emergency braking active symbol disappears from the cluster underneath the digital clock.

With regard to the alarm, I accidently locked the wife in the car once. Needless to say, I had only stepped away 3 yards before the alarm went off!
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Thanks all. good to know the EBS is there to lessen any impact if need arises.
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I was grateful for the emergency braking... I entered a roundabout and a car crossed my path from the left at high speed and the system activated before I put the brake on.
2014 Qashqai Tekna