Hill Start Assist

ICE, Equipment, Options
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

Been trying to get used to the Hill Start Assist. Just about mastered it and certainly prefer it to trying to pull the handbrake off on a hill - but -
I thought Hill Start Assist was enabled on any gradient above 3%. My experience is that the gradient has to be at least 15% for the green light to appear.

Is this something that can be adjusted? - Do other menbers concur that only gradients above 15% give the assist?
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is a comment from the Nissan Drivers Guide. I believe if you use "Search" this subject was a recent Post - Regards Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

Dave, I did see the six month old thread and was tempted to resurrect it but that thread is about the Electronic Parking Brake and the difficulty of pulling away on a hill.

I should have titled this thread "Gradient required for Hill Start Assist" and I apologise to the forum for the vague title.

The manual states that Hill Start Assist is enabled on any gradient above 3%. My experience is that the gradient has to be at least 15% for the green light to appear.

Is this something that can be adjusted? - Do other menbers concur that only gradients above 15% give the assist?
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Definitely something wrong there if its only activating at around 15º as that equates to between a 1 in 3 and a 1 in 4 gradient.
3º would be just under 1 in 20 gradient, with 5º being just over 1 in 11.
As you can determine, just having the sensor out of kilter by a fraction of a degree affects the gradient quite a lot.
Im not aware of the position of the sensor on the vehicle.
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

Thanks gvmdaddy. I will mention it to service next week and see what they say. Many Thanks,
m500dpp

Post by m500dpp »

Just got our QQ and the wife had problems and said the HSA didnt come in and she rolled backwards! I tried it and it works fine but doesnt really give you much room for error it comes off pretty quickly! I think its easier and safer to put the electronic brake and then just pull away - it releases automatically anyway.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

m500dpp wrote:Just got our QQ and the wife had problems and said the HSA didnt come in and she rolled backwards! I tried it and it works fine but doesnt really give you much room for error it comes off pretty quickly! I think its easier and safer to put the electronic brake and then just pull away - it releases automatically anyway.
Just remind her that she needs to come to a stop and hold on the footbrake until ready to pull away. Take your foot off the brake and it will hold itself for two seconds whilst you find tge biting point and accelerate away.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Please take a look at this old Post and see if the comments help you - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4189&start=10
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

New to HSA and EHB. Having not used HSA before, I find it holds very well.....too well for me as keep stalling :lol: as not used to it. Have come from a diesel audi were it was virtually impossible to stall on pull away. Now have a quiet petrol QQ it catches me out. Wishing I could de activate it.
1.2 Dig-t N-connecta manual
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Is Hill Start Assist a standard feature? Looking at the spec pdf it was standard in the Visia and therefore in all models.

Mine is a 2014 N-tec+. It has lane drift, TSR, front avoidance, etc, all confirmed present and working.

But I have yet to find out if I have hill start assist. I did come to a stop on a probable 10% gradient and thought I'd give it a try and ended up rolling backwards. Reading the drivers guide above, I'm wondering if I had it in neutral and tried to put it into 1st as I released the brake expecting my two seconds of assist.

Is there a way of finding out for definite if I have the feature without actually trying to find a steep slope with no one behind me?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T