Sad to say - it's buggy

ICE, Equipment, Options
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've posted a couple of topics in here about the Sat Nav not showing Safety Cameras but that turned out to be just a very poor way of setting them up that was totally unclear...so all working.However, I have now had the media centre stop playing music on 3 occasions...again I've posted about this a few times..there is nothing you can do to reset it..Nissan have suggested I speak to a Dealer.Last night I had another new issue similar to another post here.My collision detection light came on showing that this system had a fault or was not functioning. Unlike the other post here I didn't lose power or have any issues driving it just warned me that the system wasn't active.I also noticed that this affected other elements on the car.Road Sign recognition was offLane detection was offThere was something else off but I can't remember what it was lol.Anyway. I pulled over, turned the engine off for a bit and restarted it. All of the systems started as usual and were all fine.I've also had a situation where the parking sensor has indicated something is very close when there is nothing there. Driving away forces it to stop but then as soon as you pull up at traffic lights ot goes off again.For me I believe two things:1. if the front of the car gets too dirty or a particular "monitor" on the front gets obstructed it throws a number of systems off and causes issues.2. as an early 2014 QQ I think my systems are a bit buggy. The fear for me here is that can only really be resolved if there is a new firmware or software upgrade available and I'm not sure there is.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]Anyway. I pulled over, turned the engine off for a bit and restarted it. All of the systems started as usual and were all fine. [/QUOTE]That line alone reminds me Built in UK advert and what we used to make
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Exactly...Glad I'm not someone doing 16/20k a year at the moment I have to say.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Mine consistently refuses to play music from my daughters phone from one trip to the next unless she turns it off then on again while in the car. After playing OK the next time she gets in it shows as connected and paired correctly and you can change tracks using the buttons there's just no sound.Strangely I have a Nokia non-smart phone and it works with mine every time!.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'm going to speak to a dealer. See if I can get someone to find out if there has been a Firmware or software update for Nissan Connect 7 and if there has get them to apply it.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

As new cars get delivered maybe we could all include this in our reviewsNissan not going to be quick letting us know about updates so might be worth us all keeping eyes on new deliveries
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Im thinking its just as well im not getting my QQ till end of month. Pesky bugs!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

hhmm odd...My POI alerts have been fine (albeit no visual alarm just audio), and my phone over Bluetooth has been faultless (saying that, cant say the same thing about my phone in the Micra....).I think a lot of streaming from phone issues are to do with the phone itself. I have seen countless devices not work correctly on some systems, Nokia's running the Windows Phone OS being the most problematic and their odd way of not really following the correct Bluetooth standard!
TC3

Post by TC3 »

The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Well sadly for me my issues aren't related to the phone.If sound stops working it stops on all inputs..regardless of what you try.The anti-collision issue has only happened once.