Sad to say - it's buggy

ICE, Equipment, Options
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="TC3"]The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts[/QUOTE]Is it supposed to have up-to-date travel information in terms of alternative routes then? Didn't think it came with that.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

[quote="TC3"]The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts[/QUOTE]I get the sat nav describing, via the voice, the problem - for example "narrow lanes on M1", but have not a looked at the map at the same time. There are options on the Nav to re-route around traffic problems, and I can see the problems listed on one of the screens - traffic information i think?
Rob_S2014-04-01 16:12:40
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Not sure the Sat Nav is as intuitive to use as it could be.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Rob_S"][quote="TC3"]The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts[/QUOTE]I get the sat nav describing, via the voice, the problem - for example "narrow lanes on M1", but have not a looked at the map at the same time. There are options on the Nav to re-route around traffic problems, and I can see the problems listed on one of the screens - traffic information i think?
[/QUOTE]
I get the voice saying what the problem is but I thought that was the radio traffic announcement feature of the radio and nothing to do with the satnav making the announcement. Yep I see the list of the traffic spots and road works but I still cant get the symbols to show on map.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

afurness

Post by afurness »

Both myself and brother have QQ 1.5dci accenta premiums and both have buggy connect systems. The sound not working on the headunit is a common one. Doesn't matter which source, it just stops and only by turning off the engine and leaving it for a while and going back is it rectified. Hopefully this will be resolved with a software fix at first service.I've also had an issue with the automatic lights coming on in the daylight since the clocks have changed. They come on at 7am when i leave for work and although its sunny and daylight they don't turn off until I arrive at work at 7.35am when the ignition is turned off.
AF
Nissan Qashqai Acenta Premium
1.5dci in Magnetic Red
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome to forum AfurnessNot sure lights are worked by time keeping its a sensor on windscreen I thinkHence why when you go into a tunnell or a garage they come onThe software updates i think everyone monitoring feel free to jump in if you get any news
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

[quote="Rob_S"][quote="TC3"]The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts[/QUOTE]I get the sat nav describing, via the voice, the problem - for example "narrow lanes on M1", but have not looked at the map at the same time. There are options on the Nav to re-route around traffic problems, and I can see the problems listed on one of the screens - traffic information i think?[/QUOTE]Here is the traffic information screen
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Rob_S"] [quote="Rob_S"][quote="TC3"]The only issue I am having with the Connect system is that the traffic is not shown on the map and I am assuming this is a bug of sorts[/QUOTE]

I get the sat nav describing, via the voice, the problem - for example "narrow lanes on M1", but have not looked at the map at the same time. There are options on the Nav to re-route around traffic problems, and I can see the problems listed on one of the screens - traffic information i think?

[/QUOTE]

Here is the traffic information screen

[/QUOTE]

Rob I have seen the screen and reroute option I have also ticked. Nothing comes up on satnav to indicate traffic on map and no reroute option appears. I also hear traffic announcents but this is the radio traffic announcents I think and not satnav
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

It is the same voice as the Sat Nav that reads out these traffic announcements and it only reads them out as I approach the affected road. I also see the road changing to a black line when there is a problem on the road. A traffic camera symbol appears on the map as well I have found.Long trip to Wales tonight, so should be able to see else happens.Anyone check the indicated speed to a sat nav reading yet? In the Xsarra Picasso it was 2MPH higher than actual at most speeds. So indicated 32mph would be 30mph actual.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

In Central London when a lane was blocked off and closed the sat nav voice chimed up as it goes alerting me to narrow lanes and the sat nav wasnt even onHavent heard it sinceAlso is is me was I drinking too much fizzy pop but if your accidently speeding by a very reasonable amount say over 100 in i think a 70 limit the sat nav womans voice speeds upIm sure there was a more urgent or faster command to keep right as the road split Just wondering if anyone has made the sat nav woman so nervous her voice breaks lolAs it goes id pay money to have voice changed, she just hasnt got it for me