Nexus 5x (Andoird 6 and 7) no longer syncing contacts

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

hhmm...

My Nexus 5x used to sync up to my car fine and collect all my contacts, however I noticed recently its only grabbing a handful of them (about 8 of them...). This was when using Android 6, I suspect some sort of update has killed it.

Android 7 has been released for it so updated and had my fingers crossed.... Same again.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Incidentally its not isolated to the QQ Connect II but has also stopped syncing at all with the Micra (original connect).

Any thoughts?!

jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I'll check in a while....... 5x running 6.0.1 here patch level August 2016
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

So, I'm not using any Nissan apps or the like.

Bluetooth connects quickly and first time. I add a new contact to the phone and this didn't show up on the head unit.

On the head unit, went into Telephone setup and pressed 'download phone book' which worked.

Does that help ?
Deleted User 759

No,
The phone is synced via Bluetooth as it has been since I bought it last Nov. Operates fine, just wont sync more than 8 of my contacts!
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

So mine didn't sync automatically at all, I had to force it via the 'download phone book'.....
Deleted User 759

Finally figured it out and it wasn't a Connect problem at all but an quirk of Android

I found the fix completely by accident, but its also partly down to the fact I have multiple exchange accounts and other apps such as WhatsApp and stuff

Anyway, if you have the same problem then:

1. Open Contacts app on your phone (don't go through your 'phone' app, ensure it says contacts - this was my mistake!)
2. Go into settings
3. Select Contacts to Display

1.png

4. Select Customise (for some reason All Contacts for me didn't work and only synchronised my own personal number to connect)

2.png

5. Tick the accounts you want to see (this wont affect your phone app) on your connect system

3.png

6. Sync your connect
7. DONE!
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Thanks , I'll try it next time I use the car