Need URGENT help please - Car Won't start

ICE, Equipment, Options
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

We've been talking at cross purposes. By "glovebox fuse" I meant the fuse for the lamp in the glovebox.

Also, on the J11, the fusebox is behind the glovebox, but on the J10 it seems that the fuses are in a compartment to the right of the steering wheel, above the fuel flap/bonnet release controls.

cover1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that fuse #2 on the bottom row is the BCM fuse, which Sandman on t'other forum thinks is the most likely culprit.

001-3.jpg

Hope that between us we've got there in the end.
Last edited by Hound on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

buzzer1926
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by buzzer1926 »

Is there not a main engine management fuse. Usually a large blade fuse somethings like 36 amp controls the whole car. Not exactly sure where it is located, but try and find that to check
Nissan Qashqai (J11) Pearl white
desibuoy

Post by desibuoy »

Hound,
are you the same hound from the other forum? if so then I'll stop responding on here cause you're already on there and got more replies there too.

Thanks
desibuoy

Post by desibuoy »

Just saw your pictures and explanation above, for some reason I missed it. First thing will try and change it. Where else can I buy these from? If you already replied on the other forum then I'll read It there. Thanks again Hound.

Night
Hound

Post by Hound »

Fuses? Any motor place should have them. Take one of the bottom left 10A fuses out to be sure you get the right type. I'd guess they are mini (the new QQ has micro)

fuses.jpg

Yes, it's me over there too.
desibuoy

Post by desibuoy »

Thank you Hound!

I've got my car working again :) there was actually 2 BCM fuses. I pulled one out and it wasn't broken, shat my pants lol and then pulled the other and show it was broken. So the original one I pulled out I put into the other slot and the lights came on and I was glad. Then walked like 3 miles and bought some Fuses. Then I put it in and it didn't work :( I thought the battery was dead cause it kept making a noise like it wasn't sparking. wondering I'll have to ask someone but thought I'll check the fuse again and even though it looked right - I pushed it in a bit more and it went in more than expected, 'thought of pooh' so I tried the car again and it worked :) Massive GRIN! guess the new ones are a bit smaller in height but same pins. if that makes sense?

FYI - I posted the same message on the other forums too.
Hound

Post by Hound »

That's good news. Useful to have spare fuses when scary moments like that happens. Credit to Sandman on the other forum who pinpointed the BCM fuse as he had prior experience of it failing!

Now you can enjoy your LEDs, but examine the glovebox socket very carefully before adding any bulb or LED there again.
xpin

Post by xpin »

Just had similar problem with mine- inner lights wont come on and car wont start. Turned out to be one of the BCM fuses ( which had blown while i was changing my map reading bulb). Fuse changed, car now starts and lights working. Not sure why Nissan would put inner lights and engine cranking on the same fuse though!