DRL modules installed

ICE, Equipment, Options
RVW

Post by RVW »

RVW wrote:Well here is a puzzle?
Wired up so DRL goes off.
Connected module as per drawings etc , connected into indicator light wire.
BUT and I don't know what the problem is.
Indicate left, indicators work but the right DRL goes out and vice versa.
So thought got the grey wires wrong way round so change them over, and still the same???
Duncho any ideas?

Problem sorted!

It seems that regardless of how many times I swapped the grey wires thinking I had solved the problem. I had somehow kept connecting them back up the same way-- senior moments--.
Any way I have now managed to connect them correctly to the corresponding sides and quests what they work.

Full of humble pie :lol:
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red

ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Hound wrote:Question for ChrisDK - while you had the module only partly installed for a few days (the wires to the turn signals weren't connected), did your DRLs continue to work as normal?
With the modules connected and only the grey wires from the modules not connected the DRLs worked as normal(ish)

With the modules connected there is a short delay before the drls light up, i believe they were instant before. You can see this in my video near the end when the headlights are turned off the drls go out for a second before coming back on at full power.

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks! I thought I'd do it in two stages too - get the wiring done in the IPCM and close it up so that when my extra wiring arrives for the indicators, I'll just be dealing with the two grey wires out in the open (comparatively).

For anyone who has green and black wires to the indicator bulb holders, like mine, rather than grey and white - Mr Proby says the green one's live.

Mr Proby.jpg

Meet Mr Proby

I was waiting at a roundabout today and a J11 QQ came round... I got to see for myself how badly the DRLs mask the indicator. I only saw its indicator because I knew where it would be!
Last edited by Hound on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Hound wrote:Thanks! I thought I'd do it in two stages too - get the wiring done in the IPCM and close it up so that when my extra wiring arrives for the indicators, I'll just be dealing with the two grey wires out in the open (comparatively).
Have you ordered some cable for it?

I just got a 0.75mm flex cable normally used for lamps etc in the house and stripped it so I could use just the brown wire :lol: :lol: :lol:

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
Hound

Post by Hound »

I didn't have any wire long enough so ordered a few metres from the dreaded eBay. :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Extra wiring now installed, concealed in factory-look 7mm split plastic conduit. Tapping into the live wire on the indicators was a sod, I'm sure Nissan made every wire on my car as short as they possibly can! But the modules are now working and my front turn signals stand a chance of being seen in daylight. Thanks again Dan!