Key battery

ICE, Equipment, Options
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

How do you replace the battery in the key? I am getting the 'wrong key ID' message more and more regularly, and I am suspecting that the battery in the key might be needing replaced, but I cannot for the life of me see how to get into the key to replace it?
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

First remove the key blade to get a better chance of leverage. Then use your thumbnail if possible, or a very thin piece of plastic (not metal, it will damage the seam) to separate the two halves of the fob shell. It seems impenetrable at first but once you get a crack showing, the two halves of the fob pop apart quite easily.

fob.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Top man! Thank you, I will have a go at it later once I find my plastic spudger
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound

Post by Hound »

Ah, a spudger would be the real deal. I didn't mention the word in case it was met by a blank stare, LOL. A nylon guitar plectrum (I recommend Jim Dunlop) can sometimes save your fingernails too.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

May assist:-

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

fat controller, I had to read our Manual before I attempted this change. On our German Manual there are the two options Pages 8.20 / 8.21 take a look if you have the same - hope it works with the info you have now - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Superb information gents, thank you :)

If only finding my spudger was as easy....... I reckon Mrs C will have tidied me up at some point.
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound

Post by Hound »

I like the Germanic "Klick" in Dave's manual. :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Hound, I am glad you enjoyed the German Word "Klick" which translated into the Queen's English means "Click" :roll: You Guys are lucky as you have Manuals in the Mother Tongue, me I am stuck with the Country Language German. But at least you understood it which was the main point - Dave :D :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken