Audio system frustrations!

ICE, Equipment, Options
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Another frustration I came across today as I was using my iPhone connected to the USB. After navigating the touchscreen to a specific album, I can't afterwards go back in and see the songs for that album I am currently listening to. I need to navigate once again through my collection and find the album and then choose a different song. I can only use the controls to go backwards and forwards. I wish I could click and see the whole album. The mix, repeat and TA buttons are a complete waste of touchscreen real estate and I guess are there to only mask the lack of features on the system. I find myself having to constantly navigate my phone rather than using the car and a system to simplify that process. In reality, it has made it more of a nuisance.

Anyway... Other than these things, I am quite happy with the vehicle. Just wished they had put some more thought into the user experience with the audio.

rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Think it might be an Apple issue rather than Nissan's fault tbh. They are very reluctant to release control of any functions of their software to anyone else.

Roll on Android Auto ;)
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

rod9669 wrote:Think it might be an Apple issue rather than Nissan's fault tbh. They are very reluctant to release control of any functions of their software to anyone else.

Roll on Android Auto ;)
Hey! On my previous vehicle, I was able to navigate on bluetooth and via USB without any issue with more ease of use. Just a little bummed by NIssan's implementation, especially when a previous vehicle did it all quite well and easily.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

argwallace wrote:Another frustration I came across today as I was using my iPhone connected to the USB. After navigating the touchscreen to a specific album, I can't afterwards go back in and see the songs for that album I am currently listening to. I need to navigate once again through my collection and find the album and then choose a different song. I can only use the controls to go backwards and forwards. I wish I could click and see the whole album. The mix, repeat and TA buttons are a complete waste of touchscreen real estate and I guess are there to only mask the lack of features on the system. I find myself having to constantly navigate my phone rather than using the car and a system to simplify that process. In reality, it has made it more of a nuisance.

Anyway... Other than these things, I am quite happy with the vehicle. Just wished they had put some more thought into the user experience with the audio.
Why connect using the USB? You can now connect an iPhone using blueTooth. My daughter does it this way, no problem.
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

argwallace wrote:
rod9669 wrote:Think it might be an Apple issue rather than Nissan's fault tbh. They are very reluctant to release control of any functions of their software to anyone else.

Roll on Android Auto ;)
Hey! On my previous vehicle, I was able to navigate on bluetooth and via USB without any issue with more ease of use. Just a little bummed by NIssan's implementation, especially when a previous vehicle did it all quite well and easily.
Yes, I can connect via bluetooth. However, each of the connection methods have lacking functionality that has been a frustration. Specifically on the bluetooth side, I can pause and play tracks, but it doesn't have any options for navigating albums. For that, I have to go back to the phone, change tracks/albums/songs there. I was hoping there would be more functionality so that I cold use the steering wheel buttons to navigate a menu for the audio, selectr tracks/albums, etc. My issue with the USB connection is that there is no direct play/pause button (unlike the bluetooth) and it doesn't maintain your location in the album so you can easily move to previous or next songs, again, without going to the phone again. This defeats much of the usability in my opinion.

Other these things, I'm happy with the QQ.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Using a USB stick you get a "Browse" button which takes you back to the listing screen.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Keldras

Post by Keldras »

Hi, a bit late in this thread but my QQ J11 has a mute function by pressing the volumne button.