Audio system frustrations!

ICE, Equipment, Options
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Hey everyone!

Just got our new Qashqai for about a week now. Everyone is good except for a big frustration on the audio system. Maybe I am missing it but why isn't there a Play/ Pause button anywhere???? I connect my iPhone via sub and I can browse the songs, albums, etc. and then pick something. However, I can't just pause the song and hit play again. Very frustrating! The Bluetooth has its own issues. I can pause and play there but I can't navigate from the touchscreen. I find these to be 2 big problems with the system and I hope they can improve it in the future.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

argwallace wrote:Hey everyone!
... Maybe I am missing it but why isn't there a Play/ Pause button anywhere???? I connect my iPhone via sub and I can browse the songs, albums, etc. and then pick something. However, I can't just pause the song and hit play again. Very frustrating! ...
Having not "bought into" the Apple lock-in, I've not been able to connect either phone by USB and get full functionality, but have found a loaded USB stick works perfectly. I haven't noticed the absence of pause, but at least you can hit the Off button and when turning back on it continues where it left off, which is fine.

argwallace wrote:Hey everyone!

... I hope they can improve it in the future....
I think it highly unlikely that any existing cars will be upgraded. After all the maps in my car are 2 years out of date (compared to when it was new in 2015) and the postcode direction is inaccurate at times (having ended up in the wrong part of Cropthorne yesterday evening!).
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

@ argwallace
You beat me to it asking about the play/pause. Just driven mine back from dealer having had a Nissan letter recalling for a software update to Connect system. Advised it would only take an hour. Cant see much difference apart from Bluetooth settings need resetting, sat nav "home" destination still there so cant have altered that....probably the technician went for a quick break and never did a thing :lol: I must check the version later on.

So yes - I was wondering if I was missing something like a button combination for play/pause.

Also on every other audio in car player I've tried you were able to mute the playback either by dedicated button or pressing Vol + up and - down at the same time but this has no effect with mine.
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Well, if you find something out let me know. I also thought about the turn on/off but it seemed crazy there just weren't be a play/pause to begin with. I mean, there is a dedicated TA button. Not a huge feature to need a button at the sacrifice of other better options.

Ok, my rant is over. :)
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

When playing my iPod using the usb I have found that turning the volume to zero does pause play. You only have to use either the knob or steering wheel function to do this. Not quite as quick as a single dab pause button but quick and effective nevertheless.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Charlie Miller wrote:When playing my iPod using the usb I have found that turning the volume to zero does pause play. You only have to use either the knob or steering wheel function to do this. Not quite as quick as a single dab pause button but quick and effective nevertheless.
Thanks for the tip. It's better than nothing. I wish there was a way to navigate the iPod menu from the steering wheel. Our previous vehicle had these options and it was far superior in this category.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Getting my QQ next Monday. However on my Audi MMI you have to mute the volume to pause a track. To continue, just un mute. No feature to skip forward only to select next track.
Maybe this is industry wide due to the way mp3s are put on usb or sd cards.
1.2 Dig-t N-connecta manual
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I can see pause icon on my Connect screen :)

pause.jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
argwallace

Post by argwallace »

Gel wrote:I can see pause icon on my Connect screen :)
pause.jpg
Hey! Thanks for the note. I had mentioned two issues in the original post. Bluetooth does have a play and pause button but I can't navigate via the bluetooth device from the touchscreen. When my iPhone is connected, I can navigate through the albums, songs, etc but can't play or pause directly. I need to select a song/album and play it by touching it but can't pause it. One poster did mention that lowering the volume to 0 will in effect pause the track. So that helps somewhat. I wish I could also navigate from the steering wheel. The whole point of having a steering wheel with buttons and options is to not have to remove your hands from the wheel.

Best regards!

Stephen
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

It seems that playing a CD or mp3 track file from a plugged in USB stick there is no pause or mute facility. By lowering the volume to "0" while playing a track from these will pause the track at the point it hits the "0" zero. (and obviously will be muted also)

if playing music from a connecting phone or MP3 player via Bluetooth then the pause button as gel photo shows is available, however if using an aux cable to my phone (Android, where it plugs into the headphone socket) no pause button on screen.