Alarm

ICE, Equipment, Options
rudie18uk

Post by rudie18uk »

Doing some gardening well away from car which was sitting in driveway unlocked.Suddenly the alarm went with one continuous beep ,louder than any thing i'd heard before.I tried pressing keyfob to turn it off with no success.Jumped into car and started engine thinking it might go off but again no .Switched off engine and it stopped .What is going on?

Any help will be appreciated, as i dont want this to happen during the night.

Qashqai 1.5 dci acenta premium

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

What year is the car?

We have seen 1 or 2 similar reports before but they had to be resolved by the dealer.

It may have been a sensor. Try opening all the doors, boot and bonnet included and shut them all again.
rudie18uk

Post by rudie18uk »

Thanks SplanK

Car is 2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci acenta premium.

Strange thing it hasn't done it again,if so will try your suggestion.
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

Parked in shopping centre last Saturday. Returning to car after about 10 minutes, I could hear alarm sounding. Rounded corner and indicators were also flashing. All stopped before I got to car. I thought window might have been left open, but no. Perhaps fly or spider ? No other car parked near as it was early in the morning. Any thoughts ?
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Had the same thing yesterday alarm going off for 3 or 4 times. I shut the car down/started it up and I think went off again. Opened all the doors and boot and shut them and it stopped. Me and the kids had left the car about 3 mins before it went off. Maybe kids had not shut a door. A bit miffed but I guess it has not gone off again today so maybe a gremlin or those kids ! However I would lean towards gremlin as my lot are pretty good
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have had a similar problem this last week, with the alarm going off three times. When looking around the car I saw a spider actually going in and out of the sensors. Out came the vacuum and from then on not a sound.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Interesting, next time ill look for spiders ! I know these things can be temperamental - hopefully that's all it is and not something that's going to keep happening.
Cheers for the above.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Alarm just gone of twice on the drive. Siren going but indicators not flashing ? Went out opened car. Started it up on the drive. Shut the panoramic room blind. Turned off the interior sensor. Locked car. Let's see if it happens again.
Any further ideas chaps ? ( ps car not used since Sunday night )
All the best
Paul
Bazos

Post by Bazos »

Hi, the alarm in my 2015 NTech has was sounding every few minutes yesterday, it was very hot but I don't know if this was a factor. I opened and closed all doors and bonnet, no change. I then disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes and reconnected the battery making sure to cleanly reconnect terminal. This resolved the problem.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Come home tonigh. About similar time to last night alarm goes off. Just once. Hoovered the sensors in case of spiders. Not gone one again (yet)

Per bazos would heat affect it ?

Bizarre
All the best
Paul