Alarm

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Again alarm going off tonight 3 times then stops. The only thing I can think of is the heat as its been very hot in the surbubs this week.

Is it plausible that the heat could be doing something ?
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

switchback

Post by switchback »

I wonder if the interior panels contract and move fast enough to set-off the ultrasonic sensors?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

It's now not that hot today and been going off for the last hour. Nissan assist called. RAC being sent in the next hour. Let's hope a simple fix
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Rac been. Said on j10 bonnet sensor weak but not j11. Disconnected the battery and effectively reset the system. Said that's about all they can do. If it continues to go off visit to dealer. Although I randomly went off a month or so ago it hasn't since and only happened after the recall for the engine oxygen sensor !
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Well 48 hours later or so no sign of any further alarms sounding. So either a battery disconnect reset or a quick fiddle with the bonnet sensor has cured it. Fingers crossed I'll keep you posted
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Just an update to this alarm now seems to be going off every 2 or 3 days. Have also noticed after the alarm has gone off certain systems reset themselves. Start/stop co2 reading goes back to zero. Fuel economy goes back to zero and then asks if you want to update it as best mpg to date. Lastly I have my temp display is degrees Fahrenheit and this goes back to degrees centigrade. Also climate control sometimes does work and Sometimes doesn't. However when working its cold so hopefully at least not the dreaded condenser ! Car booked in Monday whilst I am away but appears now when a
Alarm goes off it's triggering some sort of reset to other systems. I just hope it's electrical gremlins they can find and sort out. I'll keep you posted
All the best
Paul
jarvinhio

Post by jarvinhio »

Had my car two weeks (64 plate Q Acenta Premium 1.5dci) since then had to get firmware updated as stereo kept crashing, then my stop-start only works when it wants, my front parking sensors get stuck and doesn't turn off, and now my alarm goes off at random times of the day with no one even around it.

Really hoping its a faulty battery and they will replace. Someone told me there is a way of switching the ultrasonic interior alarm off?

Ill update when I get Nissan to look at it.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Ultrasonic off switch in mine near the rear view mirror. Does make any difference to my problem sadly. Keep us posted
All the best
Paul
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

My alarm went off a few times the other day (when hot). May have been going off before many times without me noticing at work. Opened all doors/bonnet etc and also de activated ultra sonic sensor. Think that has cured it. Think it may have been a fly trapped inside, but couldn't track the bugger down after spotted it. So turned sensor off.

Shame the sensor is soooo sensitive.
1.2 Dig-t N-connecta manual
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Just left car with dealer before they shut today. I am going away tomorrow so they have a week to fix it. I'll keep you posted. I am really hopefully they find the issue as electrical gremlins don't bode well
All the best
Paul