Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Micktech

Post by Micktech »

Hi.
My car went into Evans Halshaw at Mansfield Nott's ans my impression is they are doing all they can to help but they're being held back by poor support from Nissan.
This was pretty much confirmed by the "case manager" who said initially that no one in my area had the correct adapter for the air con test equipment and then after it had been diagnosed, they said the condensor supplier was shut down for a month's annual leave.
What I can't understand is why a major manufacturer would only have one supplier for any of its components.

Who know's , I might be lucky enough to have air con by winter.

Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Should have said 9th September.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Micktech wrote:Hi.
My car went into Evans Halshaw at Mansfield Nott's ans my impression is they are doing all they can to help but they're being held back by poor support from Nissan.
This was pretty much confirmed by the "case manager" who said initially that no one in my area had the correct adapter for the air con test equipment and then after it had been diagnosed, they said the condensor supplier was shut down for a month's annual leave.
What I can't understand is why a major manufacturer would only have one supplier for any of its components.

Who know's , I might be lucky enough to have air con by winter.
Micktech, please read previous posts before making your own which are just duplicating info previously given. The aircon problems are well documented and anyone experiencing recent problems are no doubt at tge back of quite a sizeable queue.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

They should find a UK manufacturer who doesn't have the continental habit of closing down for a whole month in summer. Sums up how out of touch many EU countries are with today's 24/7 culture.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Gel wrote:They should find a UK manufacturer who doesn't have the continental habit of closing down for a whole month in summer. Sums up how out of touch many EU countries are with today's 24/7 culture.
Where in the world does any factory shutdown for a whole month? This just seems like a tall tale to me, just to stop customers who are waiting for a replacement from moaning.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

"Supplier was Shut Down for Annual Month's Leave" - Why !!
Are there no Companies that Shut Down in the UK now ?
Gel, you might well be correct that some companies do close down for the Holiday Period but there is that word called "Forward Planning" where Production is "Spiked Up" / Just in Time parts are pre-ordered to cover the "Shut Down" period so that the Market or Requirements are met in other Production Units.
I worked for Gillette for 18 years in Germany and not once did we "Shut Down" for the Holiday Period.
Many Companies raise Production Requirements Up front to meet the Market Demands and Planned Maintenance is normally part of daily life to keep production running. When a Plant Shuts Down there are so many problems that arise to get back into Full Production - power, heating, machine startups, acceptance, quality, costs, scrap etc....

Take a look at the attachments that raises many good points on why - Just some facts Dave ;)

Does the Summer Shut Down benefit Production Lines ......

https://www.applegate.co.uk/insight-ana ... today.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

gvmdaddy wrote:
Gel wrote:They should find a UK manufacturer who doesn't have the continental habit of closing down for a whole month in summer. Sums up how out of touch many EU countries are with today's 24/7 culture.
Where in the world does any factory shutdown for a whole month? This just seems like a tall tale to me, just to stop customers who are waiting for a replacement from moaning.
Italy. Happens in loads of manufacturing industries, not just automotive

Most UK plants shut down for two weeks over the summer period - usually last week in July, first week in August. This allows for routine maintenance of production machines as well as a break for the workers

Post by 298 »

France too, assuming they're not already on strike.

I can only assume the number of condensers on back order must be huge, even with the Nissan plant requiring 1500 per day the Condenser manufacturer ought to have enough spare capacity to produce another 10% per day, based on a good manufacturing practice realistic efficiency figure.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Not sure my problem is on this thread but drove to ascot today air con working fine. Drove home and on the way home air con set to 18.5 and after a few moments didn't seem to work. Took it off auto and turned the fan up and got some cold air but not as much as you would expect. Put it back on auto and not much. Maybe a glitch ? Will leave car overnight and see what happens tomorrow. Any suggestions ?
Alarm going on last weekend now air con seems to be a bit funny. On,y common denominator car went in for the oxygen sensor recall now 2 problems/glitches !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, it almost sounds like you were driving our QQ as the problems that arose were very similiar. As stated previously it was a faulty Leaking Condenser, get it checked - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken