Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options

Post by sticky »

Picked up my 2 yr old Qasqai (Acenta Premium) a few weeks ago, and all is well, except for the non-existent AC.
I called my local Nissan dealer (Motorline in Reading) and was told that it would need re-gassing, and that Nissan recommended re-gassing every 2 years. Anyway, they quoted me £70, and it's due to go in tomorrow morning. Motorline called me earlier today to confirm my appointment for tomorrow, and stated that they had mis-quoted me, it's actually £200!....so basically £100per year just to keep the AC going (more than I pay for Netflix).
The service engineer on the phone said that the re-gassing was not covered under the warranty, and neither would a stone chipped compressor (which I've read about on these forums), although he did say that a split pipe would be covered. My local (non-Nissan) garage has quoted me £35 for re-gassing, but they need to see the car first to ensure that what they use is compatible.

In the meantime, as I knew this was going to be an issue, I emailed Nissan directly, and the emails are still going back and forth (they seem to require a lot of details before you can get any info out of them), I'm hoping they can give me some better answers regarding what's covered and what's not.

But here are my thoughts so far:
  • Re-gassing every 2 yrs is ridiculous
  • £200 for re-gassing is redonkulous i.e. worse than ridiculous
  • This "stone-chip" issue seems like a design issue to me, and should be covered
  • I'm starting to think I should have stuck with Ford :-(
So my plan at the moment is to take it to Motorline tomorrow, as planned, get them to actually diagnose the issue, and if it is a simple re-gassing, then I'll be off to my local garage, if it's a different issue, then I'll be on the phone to Nissan.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

sticky, take a look at this Post -
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3058&p=31380&hilit=R1234yf#p3138
There is more info' on Air Con subjects if you use "Search". Be careful because this Fluid R1234yf is new and expensive and requires new equipment and the lower price from a non Nissan Dealer might well be the old R134a Fluid which is not compatible - hope this is of some help - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
switchback

Post by switchback »

So they will pay for the split pipe that let the gas escape, but won't pay for the regassing?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

No, if the pipe split is warranty, they should pay for the regassing too
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

These people have the new gas as an OPTION, so may be more than headline prices shown:
http://www.coolcaraircon.co.uk/

They have Reading outlet.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Post by sticky »

Thanks all, that's exactly the info I needed (regarding the exact gas type), and the link to the CoolCar company is also useful. I'm off to the garage in a couple of hours, and it good to go well informed.

Thanks all.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've added some more info to DaveBerlin's topic viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3058&p=38991#p31380
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

Post by sticky »

Turns out there was a leak, and it was from an area which could not have resulted from a stone chip. It's going to be replaced under warranty. So all is well. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good result glad to see problem solved and happy customer
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Took mine in for its second service last week. Booked it in through Nissans website (booking a service). Turned up to find they had no idea i was comin!! Well done Nissan. Apparently a common occurence i was told. Any how managed to fit me in , told them off the problems, digital radio, roof rail end caps paint cracking, squeaky clutch pedal and AC not working. Picked car up end of day, Knocked £20 off service as an apologee, squeaky pedal fixed, just a rubber gromet that needed oiling; no upgrades to radio done, but was told i was on version 1, and the the new QQ are on version 3?!! AC was low on gas! and the roof rail end caps would be changed but needed to be orded in. They said they would take the car back in next week for a few days to mainly sort the ac out, he said the gas is expensive, £200 was mentioned. Im guessing it will be fixed under warranty, but will make sure when i drop the car off. All the other bits will be sorted as well....fingers crossed!!! Had the car 2 years now and still love it, had a octavia vrs before this which had a airbag warning light issue which took a year to sort out, so a few problems don't phase me......so far!!!!
Tronlegacy