Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks Dave. I'll think I'll book it in
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Booked in for 19th September. I am away that week so don't need the car. Cold air back to normal yesterday after seeing the dealer ! Service side said it will either be climate control panel or maybe condenser. We will wait and see. After 6 good months followed by an alarm issue and Aircon issue within 2 weeks of the recall done feel a bit dented in confidence ! Let's see what happens
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Fixed at long last... Although on a drive tonight to buy a car for my daughter I sense the fan speed has developed a mind of it's own. Ventilation definitely not set to AUTO but the fan speed has a tendency to increase and decrease on it own despite being set to low.....

Now to await the NCS Customer Satisfaction questionaire ....
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Phone call from Toomeys confirming condenser part is in and note appointment fixed for 12th. I said NO appointment arranged last week for the 9th and you were going to call today for the pick up time tomorrow 9th. She (Aly) said dhe can only deal with the arranged date. I said I would not be available a nd the date was arranged for the 9th. Back & forth conversation. I advised I am not back in UK until 12th October. Now booked in for 13th October, as I may not be back from Gatwick until mid day she said a message would be left on answer phone machine. Having waited all these months it seems typical that Qashqais system and service is even lacking on keeping appointments arranged on the phone and no paperwork or even email or text confirmation following phone calls. Such a simple matter. In addition to land line number they have my mobile and even the earlier message the the tomorrow appointment was done on a mobile call whilst on the train up to London.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DLB1978

Post by DLB1978 »

Hi
I've had the same problem as everyone else on here. I have a 14 reg QashQai Tekna diesel and the air con packed up late June and thanks to Nissan I've had to endure a very long hot summer with no air conditioning. Nissan Customer Services have been utterly useless in phoning me back with updates. They advised me that the reason for the shortage of Compressors was Europe wide with their supplier and whilst they couldn't promise a date all parts should be distributed within a month. A month has now passed and when I spoke to my local Nissan dealer last week they advised they had 20 Compressors on order and only 2 had come in so far and I was essentially in a queue. A week on and I've heard nothing from either the dealer or Nissan Customer Services.

I will keep chasing the dealer and Nissan in the hope I can get this fixed soon. Sadly it's put me off Nissans which is a shame because otherwise the QQ is a great car with lots of good features. The only one however that I really miss is the aircon! When you spend a lot on a high quality car and this happens its really annoying.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else on here has been successful in gaining compensation from Nissan and how they went about it. I own my car outright so am unable to return it under any finance deal

Cheers

Post by sticky »

I raised the subject of compensation with Nissan yesterday, there's no chance, as far as they are concerned they have done nothing wrong, 4 months for a repair is clearly not an issue as far as they are concerned. And guess what, there is no "fault" with the condensers....and the change in supplier? apparently this has nothing to do with faulty units, just a business decision. They refused to give me a 12-month guarantee on the new condenser after it's fitted (eventually fitted) fitted. So if the fault remains, after Jan next year then I will have to pay the bill myself. And in the words of the Nissan Case worker "I don't know what the problem is, I remember a time when cars didn't have Air Con". And yes, she really said that.