Satnav SD card version

ICE, Equipment, Options
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Some are having trouble with not having safety camera alerts. I have them working fine and thought I would post a pic showing software installed on my system so others can check. You will find this in the Navigation Set Up area if i remember correctly. If you are having problems with safety cameras maybe this will tell you why if your software is different
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Dont you just have to turn the warnings on in the POI settings
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Yes but I think I read some still cant get alerts, I may be wrong...?Y?•

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I will check mine tomorrow and confirm the findings. I am tempted to take the SD card out and copy it onto a blank one for back up reasons, as I have read that if it gets corrupted it costs £250 to replace
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Good idea Jon I may well do the same

stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

might be copy protected, let us knowsteve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I did some research into making a copy with I got the Micra, the card is encrypted and even doing a bit by bit copy to another card does not work either. I think the map data is linked to the serial number of the SD card, when the 2 don't match it throws a hissy fit.If your thinking about "updating" and older card, then think again. The cards are set to read only (they use a special card called a SD WORM, "Write One, Read Many"Plugging it into another device, such as your PC *could* cause damage, although unlikely... I would not like to try it though!Astonishingly as well, the Connect system is, if I recall a "NavTec" system rebadged. They are generally 12 months out of date with their latest maps and are not quick in updating the maps when new roads are built either!
Spider

Post by Spider »

I thought the google was for Europe yet just tried to type in Alvor (Portugal) and it would not allow me, is the sat nav just UK or have I done something wrong?
Spider - Tekna 1.6dci CVT Xtronic
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

In 5 years of QQ ownership & dealings with various forums nobody I've heard of has been able to "backup" the Connect SD card. Nissan may charge a fortune for a new card plenty genuine ones are available on ebay & it doesnt take long for a new release to appear on there - they must accidently fall into Nissan factory workers pocketsYou should get the camera alerts for the UK but as they are illegal in a lot of Euro countries they well not be loaded for the continent.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Every demo car ive sat in has them as it goes