Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Just had it confirmed that my a/c condenser needs to be replaced as well. Dealer is expecting a delivery 18th August.

Mickrory

Post by Mickrory »

My Qashqai had the replacement gas injected (R1234YF) last week but today noticed it is not as cold as it was yesterday. What would happen if the cheaper gas was used (if anything)?
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

Well, we have one QQ at the dealership now being done. Hoping to get it back Friday. Then mine will also be going in. These condensers arrived over the weekend.
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
Mickrory

Post by Mickrory »

Nissan garage in Blackpool have now identified the fault (like many others on here) a faulty condenser. Part is now on order and problem will be fixed under warranty.
By the time it gets resolved I probably won't need it till next year but relieved it's getting sorted after 3 months of messing around.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mickrory, from what I understood these gases cannot be mixed and require totally different Filling Systems to be used. The R1234yf and the new system required apparently costs an arm and a leg. Take a look at this attachment for ref. - Dave ;)

https://futuregas.ac/r1234yf/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The new refrigerant that is used only works properly at a much higher pressure than the old stuff. To me this has something to do with why so many people are experiencing failures.
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Im up too 10 weeks waiting for my condensor. Can anyone beat my record!!!!
Tronlegacy
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

just had my QQ serviced. Same as a lot on here the A/C was warm. Dealer said Nissan know there is a condenser problem. They havr ordered a new one. wait time 6/8 weeks. ???????? thought that was a joke don't they build a QQ every minute ? perhaps they don't include A/C units.
Simmo
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi My aircon was also identified with a leaking condensor and have to wait for five weeks for the part to arrive to be fixed under warranty. it looks like they have a problem with this part based on the number of cases being reported.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

TRON2 wrote:Im up too 10 weeks waiting for my condensor. Can anyone beat my record!!!!

Start of June and there are some people since April
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver