Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Tom40my

Post by Tom40my »

hi all rang my dealer today as I'm having the same concerns with the air conditioning. Told them I had spoken to nissan customer service about the condenser concern every one was having. they said they knew and asked if I had had the recall notice yet off nissan . I had not but booked in next week to look at it . So there must be recall coming in the pipeline.
2014 1.2 tekna magnetic red

Eweston

Post by Eweston »

Hi, if you haven't solved the problem I have had no air con since May. First I was told it needed re-gassing which I did not think was right for a 2014 car but went along with it and paid £120 for the privilege . Then air con worked for about 3 weeks and then started blowing warm again, I was then told that the condenser was leaking and would be replaced under warranty but as of 23rd August 2016 no condensers are available as apparently Nissan have 3000 condensers on order from an alternative supplier and have not received any yet for distribution. Nissan customer service in the UK hope to start delivery to dealers within the next week but say this is a Europe wide problem and will be dealt with in order of reporting. Not much consolation going the whole summer with no air con in a vehicle only just 2 years old and 14000 miles. Can't see the qashqai being car of the year again when this is common knowledge. Any one else got re-gassing issues with a relatively new qashqai?
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi How come you paid only £120 for re-gassing. I paid £260 as my one(2014) as well uses the new ozone friendly gas. Nissan have to sort out the condesor leaking issue most probably with the alternative supplier as the original suppliers condensor to start leaking after two years is shit. It is also very hot these days and not very comfortable when the windows are closed when you are driving on the motorway at speed. Hope Nissan wakes up. I am definitely not buying a qashqai again when my lease runs out next year.
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Does any one run their A/C all the time and still have the condenser problem ? I ask this as some say you need to run the A/C at least an hour a week to keep it good condition. Personally I prefer an open window so minimal use.
Simmo
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

simmo400 wrote:Does any one run their A/C all the time and still have the condenser problem ? I ask this as some say you need to run the A/C at least an hour a week to keep it good condition. Personally I prefer an open window so minimal use.
I would say mine is on almost all the time, and I dont see it increasing fuel consumption as many peple use to say. No problems with mine....nice and chilly in the heat!
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi Simmo

The first signs of condnsor leaking is that you will get kind of formalene smell in the cabin when you are driving sometimes even without the aircon being on. I think the problem is to do with the new gas they are using and its effect on the condensor. I did not use the aircon every week in winter when it is cold who wants to get frozen up. Also like some of us all the problems start after the regassing. The aircon is very cool for a couple of weeks and then the problems start as it gradually starts falling apart.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Run mine all the time and still had the problem, though my A/C was sorted out about 6 months ago.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This is current Honest John column
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/honest ... 16-part-1/

"Gas-trick influencer

I bought a Peugeot 308 new in March 2014 and it's been great. Recently the air-conditioning has stopped working. As the car is still within it's 3-year warranty, Peugeot will undertake a diagnostic investigation under the warranty but, if the gas needs replacing, they will charge £150 for the refill. National High Street Auto Centres will charge a third of this price for a gas refill, but, having tried 2 different companies, both have reported that they can't do it on my car. Why is this? Do I have no choice but to use Peugeot at the largely inflated price? Both Auto Centres also commented that this is becoming an increasing problem for them with many aspects of new models.

MJ, via email

Because it's a new type of gas called R1234YF imposed by the EC that leaks more, costs four times as much, is highly flammable and can be recharged by fewer people. Peugeot, Nissan and Mazda are already having trouble with it and I sense a scandal brewing over why this happened because there are only two official suppliers."

Begs the question, could you if necessary install the older /cheaper/ less leaky type of gas that is widely available at air con repairers??
Understand that Mercedes refuse to adopt because of flammability concerns, and being German they can ignore EU diktats :cry:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I did not really want to re-invent this subject but I thought that the comments needed clearing up. I raised this subject on a post in Aptil 14 :

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=575&hilit=R1234yf+ ... d&start=20

and I was concerned with reference to the new gas and the "possibility" of fire - see attached video again

https://youtu.be/cPqgwnpa0Yo

The comment is correct that MB did refuse to change from the old R123a but have now come into line but are also developing another system with Co2. The new EU Law comes into play 1st Jan 2017. See attached from Oct 2015

http://blog.caranddriver.com/global-coo ... frigerant/

Sorry if this is a repeat but I personally value my life and who ever travels in the our QQ and I like to be informed with regard to Safety issues. Regarding the comment about MB being "Germany" you are absolutely correct, but this is "One" Company and each and everyone has their own opinions which incidently has nothing to do with Germany as a Country - (I am still a Brit and no MB lover) Dave :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Trevone wrote:Hi How come you paid only £120 for re-gassing. I paid £260 as my one(2014) as well uses the new ozone friendly gas. Nissan have to sort out the condesor leaking issue most probably with the alternative supplier as the original suppliers condensor to start leaking after two years is shit. It is also very hot these days and not very comfortable when the windows are closed when you are driving on the motorway at speed. Hope Nissan wakes up. I am definitely not buying a qashqai again when my lease runs out next year.

I was quoted £80 for a re gas at West Way Nissan Southampton branch so I wonder why you all seem to have such high quotes for this service ?????????
Simmo