Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Wheelie Bealie wrote:Run mine all the time and still had the problem, though my A/C was sorted out about 6 months ago.

My last car a 2012 SEAT LEON had no issues with the air con over 3 years. Ddint use it that much yet nothing leaked and it remained cold though out. I guess German/Spanish quality shines through in the end. I like the QQ but I feel the quality just isn't there. My TEKNA cost £27,000 new and things like A/C problems..rattles...squeaks, radio cutting out etc just should not happen. Id be very reluctant to buy another Nissan. Premium Price.....mediocre quality.
Simmo

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

simmo400 wrote:Premium Price.....mediocre quality.
That about sums it up nicely !

I had a 2004 Toyota Corolla which I bought brand new and kept for 11 years. The only thing that needed doing to it (apart from brakes and tyres) was a re-gas of the air con and this was at 9 years old. I paid £28 to my local ATS and they did it in a couple of hours. I hardly used the air-con but when I did it was as cold as ice and the re-gas at 9 years was totally fair and made it back to new again.

I'm going to keep my QQ for a couple more years and then part-ex it for a different brand. I realise they all have some sort of problems but I just can't be doing with the growing list of "issues" with the Nissan.
Last edited by Deleted User 2899 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Lanstrom wrote:
simmo400 wrote:
Wheelie Bealie wrote:Premium Price.....mediocre quality.
Ermm, I think you'll find I did NOT say that anywhere on this thread! :oops:

Having said that I've worked in the automotive design industry (for one of the premium German OEM's) and if you muse it over, why on earth do you think the QQ is so relatively cheap considering the amount of high end gadgets on it? In order to competitively price (& thus sell) such a 'high end' spec'd car for what is in all reality a budget price (when you consider what spec £24-27k would buy you from Audi, BMW etc) then some corners have to be cut. I've had my J11 Tekna for 2.5 years covering over 62k miles and have been through a plethora of dealer visits for all the usual squeaks, rattles, electrical gremlins and a host of other stuff too, so much so that the dealer and I were on first name terms at one point. If I'm going to be honest with myself, this is my first and highly likely my last Nissan for the foreseeable future.

So to correct the above misquote, had you have been quoting me correctly then it would/should have read 'competitive price..... poor quality'
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Craig

Post by Craig »

I have a 2014 Tekna. Air Con stopped working just under 2 years. Main dealer told me there were no leaks but it had "used" 75% of the gas. I argued it doesn't use gas there must be a leak. Then I was told by service manager it evaporates. I argued that it's a sealed system and gases don't evaporate. I was told to contact customer services. They just contact the dealer and tell you what the dealer already told you. I contacted MD Nissan UK. One of his team did the same Nd told me the dealer knows so they are right. I got a second opinion and a collapsed pipe on the compressor inlet side was found. Went back to dealer 4th Aug 16. Service manager said he just had a notice from Nissan that if any Qashqai owner says there is an aircon problem the pipes must be checked and the condenser changed in all cases & done under warranty. I was told they are in short supply. Still waiting to hear when it will be done!
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Interesting. I'll see what they say to mine in a couple of weeks.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi Craig
Can you also report this to Nissan Customer Care - 03301231231 and get a ref no to expedite the case. They call you back within 3 days and say they will try to expedite the case but give no guarantees

Post by sticky »

I emailed them, so I'm waiting for my call back, I've been waiting for around 3 weeks now.
Tom40my

Post by Tom40my »

hi all mine went in on the 31st August they said as I expected. condenser was leaking nissan authorised job to be done under warranty but won't get any delivered untill December
2014 1.2 tekna magnetic red
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi Guys You need to speak to customer care - Tel 03301231231 and report your case> My case has now been upgraded to VIP status as the servicing dealer confirmed today otherwise it will take longer to resolve. Regards
hothead

Post by hothead »

I've been waiting since early June for the AC to be repaired on my 2014 QQ, the dealer (Westway Aldershot) and Nissan CC have no idea when the parts will be available. They would not even guarantee that it would be this year.
They also charged me £79 for an AC service (I got this refunded) before admitting there was a problem.
I am also on the Nissan vip expedite list, but as the dealer said everyone is on the list so it means nothing. I know things go wrong with cars and I accept that, but to wait possibly 6 months to a year to have the AC fixed is ridiculous.
I really like the QQ but now after this crap service I don’t expect to stay with Nissan.
Last edited by hothead on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.