Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

There appears to be two Posts now on this topic perhaps the reason for the higher cost is the new fluid R1234yf which is more expensive and needs new equipment to handle it. Please take a look in "Search" @ "New Air Con Refridgerant R1234yf Costs" which might clear up hopefully some points on the cost - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just to ressurect this post briefly...
DaveBerlin posted 4 photos of the aircon display on various settings. If your car is particularly hot inside then the optimum setting is as in the third photo. This cools the inside down the quickest, but should only be used for a few minutes as little, if any, new clean air is entering the cabin and the oxygen level drops. Before it reaches this stage the internal temp will have dropped sufficiently for you to hit the 'auto' button, leaving the settings as in photo 4. This will then maintain a comfortable internal temp and the fan will work accordingly. If you drive for an extended period of time with the air on 'recirculate' then you will eventually notice that you start to feel drousy with the lack of oxygen.
Rundmc

Post by Rundmc »

I have noticed my air con doesn't seem to be working properly either. I have noticed though that if you press the button to the right of the passenger temp dial that should switch the circulation to just in the car it doesn't light up but the air con light switches on. I am wondering whether I have an electrical issue with the switch panel rather than my air con equipment not working.
Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue since 13/05/14
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

I have an ex Hertz 1.2. 11000 miles Feb 2014. Via Main Niddan dealer nearby Fairly soon after purchase complained air con not working. Told must use air con all time. I said that cannot be correct as the Stop/Start would never work. "You will have to pay for full regas". "I'm not paying that ....." Back office chat. Told to go back in a few months as they haven't got the right machine to regas it !! Waited then booked in. Told them I'm not paying anything. More back office chat. Long story /short. Turns out it didn't have any gas in it at all. Refilled, no charge. Had major service 4 months ago. Air con been OK. A week ago in the hot weather seemed not to be cooling. Tried various options etc. Think I'll have to book in for a air con check up Been reading this forum. Seems that I may have many 'reasons ' thrown at me -and as the usual 'diagnosis' is given before hey have even looked at it I'm on s hiding to nothing. Any suggestions as to possible responses to these off the cuff replies ? On all
My 50 years of driving k have never had such bad vibes from a Main Dealer.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

Don't believe a word they say!
I'm still trying to get my £600 back for a damaged condenser that no one can show any damage on.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Qashi

Post by Qashi »

How many people have had the stone chip in condenser story? Had my old one tested and is not damaged!
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

My dealer never said anything about a stone chip or a condenser, they just said there wasn't enough gas in there and so they (re)filled it back up and its been rather good since :)

I would imagine that if a simple stone chip can stop it from working then there is a very valid argument for 'not fit for purpose'.
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

You would think so but I'm sure they will try and come up with a clever answer.
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

Update! Just been told by customer services at Nissan that they believe whatever the dealer says to them. They have been told by garage that there were two pin holes in condenser and that basically that's it, end of story. Even though I've been back twice to garage and no faults shown. And had it independently checked. What do I do know when even Nissan head office won't help!