Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

I'll ask Westway then. Is warranty with Arbury or Nissan though?

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

villawoz wrote:I'll ask Westway then. Is warranty with Arbury or Nissan though?
Its with Nissan so you can chose whatever garage you want (which is a blessing !).

I emailed Westway and informed them of the problem and they contacted Nissan support and sorted it for me :)
InkBlue

Post by InkBlue »

I have a 2015 plate Qashqai ST and the A/C has been pretty average from day 1, it can cope ok for days below 30, but takes some time, but once it is over 40 it barely copes, I just put it down to a poor design.

It really struggles to bring down cabin temp quickly, I normally drive a bit with the windows down to try and help it get there, I compare it to my old 2001 Landcruiser with 330kms on it, it can cool down to 21 on a 40+ degree day within 5-10 mins, the Qashqai will take 30 mins if it gets there at all.

I will get the dealer to check A/C gas levels at next service, as it seems to be a common element here and let you know how it goes
Mostly Forwards, sometime backwards, hopefully never upside down
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

A word of warning, just taken my car in for air con repair. Was told that a stone had gone through condenser and would need replacing £600. Asked for old condenser to be kept so I could get it repaired and then sell on to recoupe some money. Had condenser checked, no fault found! I'm now trying to get my money back from dealer.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

InkBlue wrote:I will get the dealer to check A/C gas levels at next service, as it seems to be a common element here and let you know how it goes
The problem is that in order for them to be able to check the levels they have to let it all out and measure it and then refill it. This of course is classed as a refill so you will have to pay for it (unless you can get it done under warranty like I did).
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

The system can be checked for leaks without re gassing. They can use an ultraviolet dye that they put into the system.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The inclusion of the ultraviolet dye should form part of a re gas service.
Firms should not be doing 'top ups' but should be draining the system before doing a part refill, adding the uv dye then completing the refill to the recommended volume.
The refridgerant gas used has been in European use for the last 6 years or so and is substantially more expensive than older versions. Current systems require much higuer pressures to work correctly, so I suppose this is why it is more prone to leaks etc than older vehicles.
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

Been back to Nissan dealer with old condenser to be supposedly shown the leak, and guest what they couldn't show it me! Was then called underhanded and accused of going behind service managers back for daring to question there fault diagnosis. Good old customer service!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Sounds to me like something that needs to be reported to Nissan Customer Care and broadcast on Twitter...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Qashi

Post by Qashi »

It's getting close to that! Going to give them while the end of the day to get back to me and hopefully see some sense, if not I shall be taking my perfectly good condenser to trading as standards to let them look at it.