Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

It sounds like it is a problem with a split pipe.
I had the same - last year, my aircon stopped blowing cold air. Took it to Pentagon, they wanted to charge me for re-gas. I contacted Nissan and complained that the car was little more than 1 year old and should not need a re-gas, how about they diagnose the problem first. Then they found out that the hose had split and fixed it all under warranty. It had been rubbing against another hose - which sounded like a design problem to me, so surprised that not many people are complaining.
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Had this problem with my 14 plate. I bought it as a used demo car and the air con was none existent. Took it to a dealer and they said they had "thoroughly" tested it but it was still completely hopeless to me. Well a few months later it was still way too warm and uncomfortable to drive so I took it back. The dealer then got in touch with Nissan customer service and they agreed to let the garage re-gas it under warantee. When they extracted the gas they found it to be well under what it should be. They have now topped it up and several monthly later it seems ok.

I still dont know why there wasnt enough gas in it. The dealer inferred that it might have come from the factory that way.

I have tried many different settings and I find that putting it on LO with Auto turned OFF and the Face button pressed works best :)
almayb

Post by almayb »

My 64 plate tekna has just been into Greenhous Shrewsbury for a battery change and they also found that aircon pipe had been rubbing and had split. They changed it under warranty although I had no idea there was a problem with it ( been too cold to use it).
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Just dropped it off and before even looking at it they are trying to tell me a re-gas, if nothing found wrong with it, will be £140+VAT as the new Qashqai uses a 'special type of gas'. Sounds a load of rubbish to me. I said check it first then ring me.
Deleted User 2899

villawoz wrote:Just dropped it off and before even looking at it they are trying to tell me a re-gas, if nothing found wrong with it, will be £140+VAT as the new Qashqai uses a 'special type of gas'. Sounds a load of rubbish to me. I said check it first then ring me.
My dealer told me £80 (and they didn't say anything about VAT). In the end it was found that the car was low on Gas and they ended up doing it under warantee.

I thought that was extortionate as I had my Corolla done at a local ATS garage and they charged me £28 (although that was a Winter price and would be the 'Old type' of gas).
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Thanks, no way I am paying £140+VAT for a re-gas on a 14 plate. Shouldn't be running low already surely? Was the £80 a recent price?
Deleted User 2899

villawoz wrote:Thanks, no way I am paying £140+VAT for a re-gas on a 14 plate. Shouldn't be running low already surely? Was the £80 a recent price?
It was September 2015 (8 months) from Westway Nissan in Birmingham.
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Thanks, this is Arbury in Bromsgrove so a good one to argue against with them if they say nothing is wrong and it's just a re-gas.
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

They have said there are no leaks and it just needs a re-gas. Phoned Westway Nissan in Stourbridge who said £79 so I will take it there. Asbury came back with a lower £110 offer but I still said no.
Deleted User 2899

villawoz wrote:They have said there are no leaks and it just needs a re-gas. Phoned Westway Nissan in Stourbridge who said £79 so I will take it there. Asbury came back with a lower £110 offer but I still said no.
Pays to shop around. It was actually Westway Sutton Coldfield I used but at least their prices are consistent.

Mine (also a 14 plate) was re-gassed under warranty so I don't see why you should have to pay either ?