Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Ok, I'll bear you mind, but the car is currently under warranty, and as we are have a lot other issues to, I'll obviously have use Nissan until the warranty runs out, and to be honest, I'm not sure if we will keep it once the warranty expires.

Useful info though, I presume you do all makes, as my car needs regasing occasionally.

Mike

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

regas, as a matter of interest, can old style gas be used in a model supplied with the new gas when built?
Is it an option, as is cheaper & safer: believe Mercedes still refuse to use it?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

leicester.car.regas wrote:Hi, i notice a lot of people with the nissan Qashqai's are having problems with the new R1234yf a/c systems not lasting as long as most vehicles,
im hoping i can help.
My company is called Leicester Car Regas and we have started servicing the R1234yf this year, please look us up if needing a regas service and quote this forum for a discount. http://leicester-car-regas.bitroma.com/
This post should be moved to the 'Members Discount' section elswhere on the site. This thread is not the right place for it. Better have a word with the Moderators as you are also advertising, which is not normally allowed unless you follow the site rules.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, please take a look at these attachments and see if this helps with your questions - Dave :)

MB will use R1234yf on all models except Models S & E Class :
https://www.racplus.com/news/daimler-wi ... 24.article

http://www.underhoodservice.com/underho ... frigerant/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Regassed in September 2015 and now its stopped working again.

Had my Toyota Corolla for 8 years before it needed regassing. Wish I had never part-ex'd now :(
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstrom, I have just posted on the post "QQ Aircon" we had our Condenser replaced and the System Re-Gassed in July 2016 and the Air Con is still functioning without problems. Did you only have your QQ Re-Gassed or also a New Condenser installed. We had our Air Con running @ 17*C today just checking it out and it was OK. It appears the Condenser is the problem - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 pm Lanstrom, I have just posted on the post "QQ Aircon" we had our Condenser replaced and the System Re-Gassed in July 2016 and the Air Con is still functioning without problems. Did you only have your QQ Re-Gassed or also a New Condenser installed. We had our Air Con running @ 17*C today just checking it out and it was OK. It appears the Condenser is the problem - Dave :)
Hi Dave.

They only regassed it as this was before all the problems with the air con really started.

I am going to get them to check it out when i take it for the brake hose recall.
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

Had my air con re gassed, went again, had a new condenser, 4 months later and guess what it's gone yet again, car going in on Monday.
Deleted User 2899

RDJ718 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm Had my air con re gassed, went again, had a new condenser, 4 months later and guess what it's gone yet again, car going in on Monday.

What was the outcome ?

The garage have just phoned me up and told me they will have to re-gas (again!) to see if they can find a fault. They have quoted me £220+vat which sounds extortionate but I don't have a choice now as they say they wont be able to find a fault until its filled. If there is a fault then there will be no charge. I told them that I have heard of several others with the same problems who have had their condensers changed yet that seemed to fall on deaf ears :(

It was last re-gassed just 16 months ago (Dec 2015) so there HAS to be a fault yet I still feel they are going to say 'No Fault Found'.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry ! I think I might have doubled up as I have just reposted on "Faults or Not" this post - Dave :oops: just trying to help