Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
paplane

Post by paplane »

Just been informed today by my dealer that my a/c condenser has arrived in.

2 weeks & 1 day from first diagnosis. Not bad I thought.

Post by sticky »

The time waiting is nothing to do with Nissan being fast. I've been waiting nearly 4 months. You were lucky that you didn't experience the issue until the end of the fiasco.

Post by sticky »

YES! the parts have arrived. Just got a call from Motorline Reading. And I'm booked in. It's been around 4 months. Of course, it doesn't matter now as the Summer is over. Anyway, they are going to give me a Leaf for the day as a courtesy car, which is good as I've always wanted to try one.
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

My new condensor was fitted two weeks ago and still waiting for it to be re-gassed. The machine has broken down at Nissan Ruislip what a disaster. Hi Sticky the summer is not over I heard in the news that another round of hot weather is on the way.

Post by sticky »

Trevone wrote:My new condensor was fitted two weeks ago and still waiting for it to be re-gassed. The machine has broken down at Nissan Ruislip what a disaster. Hi Sticky the summer is not over I heard in the news that another round of hot weather is on the way.
Soooo close...and yet so far. Sorry to hear that your ordeal has not yet ended. I'm pretty sure that once mine has been fixed, that there will still be issues, and that they will fall outside the car's warranty period!
Craig

Post by Craig »

I received a call two weeks ago to say my condenser would be in on 4th October. I was told that orders for others above me on the list were coming in quickly.
I asked why others are above me when I was told on my last visit that the garage had received the notification just before I arrived there. The answer was that it might arrive before 4th October. Lies and more lies and not one apology!
MonkeyKong

Post by MonkeyKong »

Hi All,

I am now another nissan owner with this same problem.

We have taken it into the dealership who are now saying they will only investigate by charging us £169 for a full regas.
Should I go ahead with this without receiving a guarantee that Nissan will cover this cost?

I understand from reading through this board there is now an official recall on all new qashqais on Air Con.
Is there a link to this or a reference that I can use when talking with the dealership?

Do you advise I contact Nissan Customer Services immediately? The dealership are dragging their heals and refusing to confirm whether they will pay - giving the usual "regas isn't covered".

Any advice would be gratefully received!

EDIT:

Nissan QQ 63 plate, bought second hand from dealership (had it for three weeks)
switchback

Post by switchback »

If you've only had it 3 weeks then take it back for a free regas and diagnosis. It must have been a pre-existing fault........................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I would firstly insist that a new condenser is fitted and that you know that Nissan have instructed dealers to check hoses and fit a new condenser if qq customers complain of aircon problems. A regas is a waste of money and it certainly should not be yours as it should have a warranty.
Customer Services are a waste of time. They record your complaint, phone the dealer and repeat to you what you were told already!
Mickrory

Post by Mickrory »

Mines going in as well next Friday for a new condenser and a refund for the regas I had in August. Hope everyone else gets sorted out.