Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
rigga

Post by rigga »

With regards to the query that having no gas in the compressor for a period of time, and then refilling and thinking it might leak out again due to dry seals, the reason it's recommended to run the system regular is because there is lubricating oil present withing the gas, once the system is refilled, again with oil present, the seals in the system should become "soft "again and seal as intended, they should obviously carry out a leak test under UV light, but its questionable that they will.
2016 n connector 1.2 xtronic auto ink blue J11
2019 n connector 1.3 dsg auto metallic red J11
2022 Tekna 1.3 xtronic auto ink blue J12

Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks Rigga
I hope so. .
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi Guys
I received a text from my dealer yesterday the new condensor is in and therefore I have a one day appointment to get it fitted on this Friday. Not a bad result considering the time(3 weeks) since other guys with this problem have been waiting longer. I presume the other guys must follow what I have done.

Post by sticky »

wow, just had a shocking phone call with NCS. I've been without AC for nearly 4 months. Was told the condenser should be available by the end of Sep. I asked that the new part come with a 12 month warranty, I was told (in no uncertain terms) that that was not going to happen. I asked if the fault in the condenser had been fixed, they said that there is no fault, they simply decided to change supplier, but there is no design fault at all. She refused to tell me why they decided to change supplier. The lady even told me that many years ago, and even many new cars don't come with AC, I reminded her that unlike those people, I had bought a car with AC. To be honest, I was totally shocked at her attitude, she told me that Nissan was a successful company that made good decisions. I guess that 3.5 months waiting for a repair under warranty is classed as good service from Nissan.

By far the worst customer service I think I've come across in a very long time. This was my first Nissan, and it's also just become my last Nissan.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Surely under the Sale of Goods Act any new item carries a 12 month guarantee?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
paplane

Post by paplane »

Hound wrote:Surely under the Sale of Goods Act any new item carries a 12 month guarantee?
But if they supply & replace the item at their expense (ie under the warranty) will the Sale of Goods Act apply?

I suspect not.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Take a look at this - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
InkBlue

Post by InkBlue »

It must be down to the gas, as in Australia they use R134A and I have yet to hear of any issues at all with the aircon. It was a bit average to cope with summer here, but seems much better after the last 40k service, it had that chemical new car stench after it was serviced so maybe they changed the pollen filter as well.
So maybe it is better if you are keeping your Qashqai to go retro and convert back to R134A, stuff the EU directive if they cannot engineer it correctly.
Mostly Forwards, sometime backwards, hopefully never upside down
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

InkBlue, it looks like the QQ J11 had to be designed to accept the new R1234yf due to new EU Regulations which had and have to be adhered to. Special Equipment had to be designed and bought by Dealers to service this new fluid. IMHO I would dought very much if it would be allowed to revert back to the old system due to legalities of the QQ Acceptance with the R1234yf.
Are all your QQ variations using R134A as I believe they are manufactured in the UK also ? - Dave

Here is another one on the Guarantee :

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Craig

Post by Craig »

It yes it has to be guaranteed! I love the idea that when Nissan changes supplier the recall cars and fit the new suppliers parts even though they say there's nothing wrong with them. I could do with some new tyres so I hope they change supplier and have my car back to fit some new ones!