Send a map route from pc to connect?

ICE, Equipment, Options
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Is it possible to make a route on the pc and send it to connect in the 2014 QQ? If so what program do I need to download. My guess is it cant be done but you never know till you ask...
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

You need to download Send to Car which is free on Android, but as usual paid for an IPhone/IPad. You can then send from here. You can also use the older P.C. version of Google Maps using the share facility, putting in your registered email address and this will send your route to the car
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Jon thanks for that. I made a test route using old google maps and have sent to the email address registered with connect. Can you please advise where I go from here as feeling a bit dumb today..

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

This is the official Nissan Instruction which should explain how it works:This service allows you to search for a business, street address, or point of interest and transfer it from the Google Maps P.C. website to the navigation screen in your vehicle.What is required to use this service?A user account on the Nissan Owner Portal If you do not yet have an account at https://owners.nissanusa.com, please create a new account before using this service.enrolment in NissanConnect This includes registration through the Owner Portal and completing enrolment in the vehicle.A cellular phone which has been paired via Bluetooth in your vehicle. A supported mobile phone, paired in vehicle.How to use the service:On your P.C. Search for a business, street address, or point of interest.Click More > Send in the address's info window.Click the Car tab in the "Send to:" window.Select Nissan from the "Make" drop-down menu.Enter your NissanConnect ID in the "Nissan account" field.Press the Send button.To look up or change your primary Email address, please log in to your Owner Portal at https://owners.nissanusa.com, click Manage My Personal Info and select Update My Email ID/User ID. (this may change if it's the NissanConnect ID per the comment above)In Vehicle:Turn vehicle on.From the Menu, select Google Send to Car.Select Update Send to Car Items.Select the address sent from Google.You will have the option to store the address to your address book, call the business, show it on a map, or begin navigation to the address.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Thanks again Jon. What I wanted to do was make a route around London avoiding the congestion charge zone and send that to car but does not seem it is going to accept routes, just a place address

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

So the send to car thing is a waste of time then?I thought go home make a route and send to car to follow was the whole idea of it lolThats a handy feature for when wife goes to inlaws if you go route saat nav takes you it includes a rutted field and a lengthy detour, no idea why every sat nav refuses to accept a road thats been there 10 years (im told its not digitized)Not the end of the world just think Nissan missed an open goal with that
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

[quote="Donkey"]So the send to car thing is a waste of time then?I thought go home make a route and send to car to follow was the whole idea of it lolThats a handy feature for when wife goes to inlaws if you go route saat nav takes you it includes a rutted field and a lengthy detour, no idea why every sat nav refuses to accept a road thats been there 10 years (im told its not digitized)Not the end of the world just think Nissan missed an open goal with that[/QUOTE]
I agree, I thought the whole idea of Send to Car was to design your root and send "The Route" to your car, I wanted to do this to plan a specfic route for when I Tow the caravan so the sat nav doesnt take me down narrow country lanes etc.... just sending the end address / postcode I guess has it's uses but 100% agree Nissan missed an open goal.... it wouldnt even be hard for them to develope this.... incredible! lets hope it comes soon
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Pity we don't seem to have the ears of Nissan anymore. I agree it seems such an obvious feature (able to route a journey) that perhaps it really is there and the instructions are hopeless?Was there anything before this?This service allows you to search for a business, street address, or
point of interest and transfer it from the Google Maps P.C. website to
the navigation screen in your vehicle.What is required to use this service?
PeterL2014-04-09 09:04:19
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Seems that you don't need an App such as Send to Car - you just do it directly from Google Maps see herehttp://www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-send-to- ... 1.htmlThey too touch on 'Routeing' need to explore some more.
PeterL2014-04-09 09:15:48
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Just tried it with mine and the screen they show on the Connect system isn't on mine, no Send to Car, Weather, Fuel Prices etc., the Info screen only has 3 items, Traffic Messages, Eco Score and something else that I can't remember!.Just noticed above, although it says you don't need a Smartphone App to do this it says you need to have "completing enrolment in the vehicle"which I believe does need a smart phone, so, I assume that if I can borrow a smartphone I can get the app, complete the process and the options will then be available on the Connect menu?.phaedra2014-04-09 11:28:22
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)