Media Centre Issues

ICE, Equipment, Options
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

So...for the second time in two weeks my media centre decided it didn't want to play any music.Basically on two occasions now I've driven the car a shortish distance, Radio or CD on...popped in to a shop or somewhere and got back in to continue my journey.When getting back in to the car nothing plays through the media system. Radio doesn't produce sound, CD or Aux.You can switch the unit off, switch the engine off, get out of the car, lock it, get back in ..etc etc etc and it won't work.The track on the CD doesn't progress at all so it's not even like it's trying to play.When the journey is finished and the car is locked for a "longer" period of time (in both cases this just happens to of been overnight) the issues resolves itself. i.e. when you get in the car the next day all is fine.If it happens again in the near future then the car will be going to a dealer; they can fix the squeaky steering wheel at the same time.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Sounds a bit annoying. Let us know how you get on!
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

To say the least....starting to think I may need to send it back to a dealer and ask for that to be looked at, safety cameras to be checked as it appears some cars may have that be default and some don't....and I'm wondering if there is anything else that has been updated on the ones being delivered now versus some of the first shipped.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Just picked up my A/P this afternoon, paired with both my and my daughters phones OK, played music from hers on the way home. Went to Tesco and no sound using her phone, worked OK with mine or from USB etc. Switched everything off, removed her phone from the paired devices list and re-paired it, still no sound!.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I keep reading about no sound on these cars, update maybe going to be out with any luck
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Has to be a software issue and may well be the first cars do need an update
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

[quote="phaedra"]]Just picked up my A/P this afternoon, paired with both my and my daughters phones OK, played music from hers on the way home. Went to Tesco and no sound using her phone, worked OK with mine or from USB etc. Switched everything off, removed her phone from the paired devices list and re-paired it, still no sound!.[/QUOTE]]
My old QQ would only work with one phone at a time, usually with the one that it recognised first. It would pair up with 2-3 phones but only one phone could be used at any one time. Sometime my OH and I wouldn't know which phone it had selected until the phone was used or it rang. I wonder if the new ones the same - on the way home it selected your daughters and on the way to Tescos it selected yours
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

As far as I can tell it looks for phones and pairs with the last one used if it's available, if not it keeps looking for the next one. Her phone was used on the way home, when we went out later she was first in the car and her phone connected, I was (as usual) making another trip to the loo. Her phone stayed connected when I got in but there was no sound, I tried switching the ignition off and on again, it paired with hers again not mine but still no sound.I then went into the system, removed both the paired phones and re-paired only hers, still no sound. Re-paired mine and got sound from that no problem. Switched back to hers and (you guessed it) still no sound.Very strange.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've emailed Nissan Customer services regarding this issue and asking if there is a difference in the Firmware or Software between earlier 2014 QQ and those being shipped now...And asked if there is how do I/we get and upgrade, if not how do they intend to resolve this issue and the fact I don't have Safety Camera warnings on my Sat Nav when others do as standard.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im realy worried about updatesReading some of the customer service some of our guys got thats a scary thoughtWay some are replied to over simple things dont encourage us to trust local dealers ringing us for updates and way Nissan going I wonder if there going to be free