Media Centre Issues

ICE, Equipment, Options
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Although Nissan have changed their brochure and specs a lot I'd suggest being able to prove an "identical" vehicle has different functions would be a trading standards issue if Nissan were to try and avoid resolving these issues for free.Likewise a media centre that doesn't always play media would be classified as "not fit for purpose" and would again be a t4rading standards nightmare that they'd want to avoid.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Trading standards Years ago I bought a volvo v70 estate and had a tow bar fitted from new even paid for the towpack at the time3 months later driving down a motorway alarms go car locks up and caravan flips over I kid you notA big investigation went on the cars history was checked the insurance of caravan counter sued the car insurance and car insurance sued VolvoVolvo issued a statement i remember that the towbar wasnt compliant with the car and it went around and aroundVolvo that year was towcar of the yearDealer confirmed it was a dedicated system that the car would detect sway and apply brakes to correct it and for some reason over compenstated locked 1 wheel upTrading standards were as useful as a condom is to a nun, mentioned terms and conditions etc there was minor damage to the car caravan written off no injuries other than underpantsMonths went by got paid for caravan and Volvo bought the car back ended finance plan but accepted no liability in end unsure of the insurance complications as it was a company car
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Wow that is scary.The difference being though, possibly, that your problem was with a dealer fit solution rather than "standard" features.If Nissan were seen to supply vehicles that were different for the same spec in a newly released car I think the consumer and media backlash would be very damaging to them.I'm sure there are differences and that they know of them. They are struggling with demand so are probably deciding not to contact users that need an upgrade just yet. Get the volume out there, then do a mini recall to resolve initial issues....I'm guessing is their approach.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

In my case dealer argued they fitted a factory dedicated system and the car should of had speed sensitive steering fitted as the brochure stated and order forms and the harness was designed to fit intoVolvo decided for some reason not to fit the speed sensitive stearing didnt tell anyone and at time of investigation was still publishing the fact the car had this installed, they also sold a system that told the car something was being towed and adjusted the cars stabilty program to matchin my case having a component missing confused the car I would of been better going to Halfords and have a towbar fitted as a towbar does not interfere with cars stability only when fitted into the dedicated harness
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

wow...scary that these things can just be changed and considered in isolation when they are in fact designed with a much broader objective in mind.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its nothing unusualWhat Nissan doing re changing things is normal throughout all the car brandsYears ago Fords used to debadge Ghia specs to revive the market often the old cortinas etc had last years ghia specs (basicly cars rebranded that had sat in compounds)Lease companies and finance houses will maybe voice a complaint but wont follow through simply as you signed the loan papers its you they will go afterAnd at end of day its Nissan, if you back a car and Nissan decide no reason to its down to you im afraid a real grey areaWhen my accident happened the white top police were aggressivly trying to prosecute me for something, they even had the ECU read there original veiw was no such thing as an accident, there is always a reason and this saved my bacon to be fairTrading standards will go after a market trader bootlegger maybe but when it comes to large companies will run off if there challenged
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Well lets hope Nissan do the decent thing and resolve my issues..now contacting the dealer as instructed by Nissan to see what they say.